• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be me just not noticing, but I really don't think Martinez gets enough credit for the player that Stones is becoming.

Not Moyes bashing, but do we think that Moyes would have been an advocate for bringing the ball out of defence? Had he even got in the team, I do wonder what kind of Stones we would have instead under a "defend-first" type of management.

Martinez has given him opportunities, allows him to express himself, hasn't dropped him when he's made errors, has given him the right level of progression in terms of game time. The fact he loves possession tactics and wants defenders to be proactive with the ball suits Stones to a tee.

Look at Barkley too, Galloway, Browning, Deulofeu.

It's like he gets praise for including youngsters in squads and giving them a chance, but does he get the credit he deserves for developing them?

I personally don't think so.

Thoughts?

Don't want him to go, not in a million years as he is utter boss.

However, if he does - 80 million please, or 50 million plus Hazard. No less.

It's like he gets praise for including youngsters in squads and giving them a chance, but does he get the credit he deserves for developing them?
Wouldn't give Martinez too much credit for Barkley last season to be fair, underused, played wide left, played next to Nayskill etc

Might be me just not noticing, but I really don't think Martinez gets enough credit for the player that Stones is becoming.

Not Moyes bashing, but do we think that Moyes would have been an advocate for bringing the ball out of defence? Had he even got in the team, I do wonder what kind of Stones we would have instead under a "defend-first" type of management.

Martinez has given him opportunities, allows him to express himself, hasn't dropped him when he's made errors, has given him the right level of progression in terms of game time. The fact he loves possession tactics and wants defenders to be proactive with the ball suits Stones to a tee.

Thoughts?
with the young talent we have, barkley browning galloway stones lukaku deulofeu, martinez is the perfect manager for them i think

He's had an accident and fallen off his mobility scooter...updates to follow
image_update_9fef696c8f566db5_1348162875_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Thoughts?

I'm not so sure on this one, I think arguably, he would have been too good to leave out. Whether he would have been dropped like a hot potatoe the couple of times he made bad errors in defence, is another debate.

Oh that's just wonderful news, just wonderful.

Brightened up my week no end. Nearly as great as being let out of the naughty cupboard here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back