• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not gonna lie I got a little stiffy on last night every time he glided past their forwards. It was the first time my girlfriend had seen him play and she looked a little worried at just how often I was waxing lyrical about him. My idol, my dreamboat.
Glide certainly is the word here. It's like his upper body is somehow fixed upon some natural horizontal plane.

Was pleased to see the pundits call out the fact that many of Stones' lovely runs came to nought due to the utter lack of guile and imagination from the other players rather than a poor final ball from Stones.

Glide certainly is the word here. It's like his upper body is somehow fixed upon some natural horizontal plane.

Was pleased to see the pundits call out the fact that many of Stones' lovely runs came to nought due to the utter lack of guile and imagination from the other players rather than a poor final ball from Stones.

Yeh it was strange, I think because as an Evertonian I've seen him play so much I could like predict where it was he was going to turn/beat his man. Very impressive stuff. I remember he did that run early in the game, beat 3 of their players, but then dawdled a bit and lost the ball; I was very happy but very shocked to see the commentators didn't skewer him for that. I was expecting something like "you just can't do that in international football" and was planning to throw my shoes at the TV in response. Well played commentators who agreed throughout the match you need a defender with that ability to create an extra offensive man in tight matches.

Yeh it was strange, I think because as an Evertonian I've seen him play so much I could like predict where it was he was going to turn/beat his man. Very impressive stuff. I remember he did that run early in the game, beat 3 of their players, but then dawdled a bit and lost the ball; I was very happy but very shocked to see the commentators didn't skewer him for that. I was expecting something like "you just can't do that in international football" and was planning to throw my shoes at the TV in response. Well played commentators who agreed throughout the match you need a defender with that ability to create an extra offensive man in tight matches.

Yep i was the same! I think it has helped both stones and barkley that Hoddle is now main co-commentator - he's clearly a fan of both and wants to see them do well.

Was in Piccadilly station (Manchester) the other night and on one of those moving walkways (escalators?) and as I walked along it I imagined what it must be like to be John Stones as he glides across the pitch - except I didn't have a ball at my feet or as healthy a bank balance.

Glenn Hoddle in 5 minutes of talking demonstrated why he should be managing the England team.... He appreciates Stones. He understand that when Stones gets on the ball the forward players need to attack space - not just stand there and wait for him to have his options minimised.

Wonder what the "shed end" makle of him today....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back