John Textor / Everton Takeover

Maybe @Tony’s Carp wasn't miles off with this back in June;

I've got one if you like:

Friedkin was reported to want just a minority share. Textor wanted a majority share and was willing to work with a minority partner. There's an obvious way for both to get what they want.

BUT the only way to execute it while Textor is tied up in Palace is for Friedkin to buy the lot and hold the fort until Textor is free. Friedkin then sells a majority share to Textor at an agreed value and both have ended up with what they wanted.

Hence why suddenly all roads in our transfer business seem to lead to Textor.

Textor could become majority shareholder with Friedkin with what he was initially reported to only wanting - 40-45%.

Or it's all just Moshiri kicking the can again.

How can you have exclusivity to buy something when you have to sell something firstly?

Before you may purchase the new thing

It's utter nonsense @GrandOldTeam

Utter. Nonsense.

PS. Alan Myers and Sky Sports involved again no doubt in pushing news stories. All the client media
Why? The parties can agree what they like. He's only going to sell his Palace shares if he has an agreement to buy Everton. Lots of sale agreements are conditional upon things happening after they are signed e.g. getting regulatory approval, competition clearance etc. This is no different.

easily, like when you make a commitment to buy a house, most of the time you still need to sell your current one first, but you can still do it

It's not a house. It's a competitive football team.

I notice the Premier League hasn't commented yet. What will they say when a > 10% shareholder in a competitor club is trying to by the majority at Everton

It'll be sell all your Crystal Palace shares first before we will even discuss anything with you

Other clubs may complain about undermining the integrity of the competition etc.

That is what.

Comparing this transaction to buying a house is nonsense

People said FFP would never impact Everton. They were wrong. Watch what happens here....

This is all very boring now. We all know where this is heading.
He will put more debt on the club as he will need to borrow on a similar interest rate to what Everton are paying now. If he succeeds of course!
Red flags over Lyon’s purchase and debt. Doesn’t sound great.
Because he spouts out about Everton being a great club etc some fans are taking to him.
I get that but not convinced on him. Sounds like another Moshiri to me.

Why? The parties can agree what they like. He's only going to sell his Palace shares if he has an agreement to buy Everton. Lots of sale agreements are conditional upon things happening after they are signed e.g. getting regulatory approval, competition clearance etc. This is no different.
Pay him no mind.
He likes to pretend he knows how business deals work.

That isn't when a potential buyer has to sell existing asset firstly.

These sorts of contingent agreements don't involve competitive sports teams competing against each other

The whole thing is nonsense

It's not a house. It's a competitive football team.

I notice the Premier League hasn't commented yet. What will they say when a > 10% shareholder in a competitor club is trying to by the majority at Everton

It'll be sell all your Crystal Palace shares first before we will even discuss anything with you

Other clubs may complain about undermining the integrity of the competition etc.

That is what.

Comparing this transaction to buying a house is nonsense

People said FFP would never impact Everton. They were wrong. Watch what happens here....
No, it's no different to a merger of business that requires competition clearance. The deal will be agreed subject to clearance coming through. The competition commission might impose conditions such as divesting parts of the business which would all need to be committed to to secure approval. This is absolutely no different.

That is the typical response of too many in the Everton fanbase. When they hear something they don't like, they don't want to know.

Pathetic
Eh?
What is it I don’t want to hear?

You’re saying he can’t be granted exclusivity, even though he has already been granted exclusivity.

You’re talking out of your arse as per usual I’m afraid.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back