John Textor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent interview just released on ToffeeTV with Palace fan Dan Cook (HLTCO) about the current Textor / board situation.

One thing I haven’t seen asked / discussed… is there a particular reason why the other two American’s at Palace (Harris and Blitzer) haven’t bought Textor’s shares off him? If those two are more aligned with Parish’s way of doing things, wouldn’t it be in those three’s interests (Parish, Harris and Blitzer) for the additional shares to be held amongst themselves?

I know someone new coming in could only acquire 45% so would only have a minority anyway, so is it a case that those 3 don’t really care who buys them, as nothing will really change regardless of who buys them?

@Alan Whittle any idea mate?

Edit: it looks like between the 3 Americans and Parish, they hold 75% of the shares. Who owns the other 25%? Is the 25% made up of small minority private holders, similar to at Everton? Has Textor tried to acquire his needed 6% extra from that pool?
Yes, the reason Harris and Blitzer havent is they JUST bought the Washington Commanders for 4.7 billion last year(with other owners) and they are knee deep in rebuilding that franchise which needed a complete overhaul.

It was reported last summer that glasner was going to Lyon so it’s definitely not just made up after the event. Getting his man to be manager and him doing well might just have made him even more convinced that he should have more of a say over what happens.
No, the Lyon bit is not made up, that’s not what I said. Claiming the credit for getting him to Palace (which, in part, he is doing, despite having no say in day to day matters) is the made up (or at least highly exaggerated) part.

I presume there is no method available by which a person can relinquish control of shares prior to selling them ?
I have a vague idea such a process exists in some form ?

Decent interview just released on ToffeeTV with Palace fan Dan Cook (HLTCO) about the current Textor / board situation.

One thing I haven’t seen asked / discussed… is there a particular reason why the other two American’s at Palace (Harris and Blitzer) haven’t bought Textor’s shares off him? If those two are more aligned with Parish’s way of doing things, wouldn’t it be in those three’s interests (Parish, Harris and Blitzer) for the additional shares to be held amongst themselves?

I know someone new coming in could only acquire 45% so would only have a minority anyway, so is it a case that those 3 don’t really care who buys them, as nothing will really change regardless of who buys them?

@Alan Whittle any idea mate?

Edit: it looks like between the 3 Americans and Parish, they hold 75% of the shares. Who owns the other 25%? Is the 25% made up of small minority private holders, similar to at Everton? Has Textor tried to acquire his needed 6% extra from that pool?
I thought it was a bit sour grapes from him, kept going on the multi club model and he wouldn’t like that, must be gutted he has 3 billionaires on the board worth over 15 billion who hardly have a say.

Never mentioned that Textor wanted Glasner at Lyon, did he put his name forward to parish?

No, the Lyon bit is not made up, that’s not what I said. Claiming the credit for getting him to Palace (which, in part, he is doing, despite having no say in day to day matters) is the made up (or at least highly exaggerated) part.
Well that wasn't what you said either if we're going to be like that about it.

Doesn't he own 45% of the club? Largest shareholder?

Find it hard to believe he wouldn't have input into key decisions - even if they like to say to fans it's all Steve 10% Parish.

Doesn't he own 45% of the club? Largest shareholder?

Find it hard to believe he wouldn't have input into key decisions - even if they like to say to fans it's all Steve 10% Parish.
Agree but it could be a Kenwright like situation where Parish just has a vice like grip over everything.

I will be honest, who comes in right now is a massive gamble, not like the Qatar lot can come in and just start splashing the cash. Sure makes it easier for chunky sponsorship and all that, but doesnt make a huge difference to what we can spend.

The multi club model is interesting, in the proviso you're one of the top dogs in that chain - and it's got decent clubs in it. Lyon have a decent history of producing players and having players from abroad earn their crust before moving to top leagues. I have checked out the other clubs, though having a decent Brazilian team makes sense with the serious talent coming out of there at the moment.

Is he a a drug dealer, no. Extra points.

For me, we need someone who can come in, sort out the commercials get good deals, finish the stadium and then try and get players moving for real money no all frees.

Who that is am not sure, I am pretty sure its not 777

If we brought in a decent new owner with competent board members then they'd immediately be able to get us all kinds of new sponsorship deals and would reduce or even completely eliminate the need to sell off young Jarrad.

In typical Everton style though, thanks solely to Mr Moshiri and his brain dead pursuit of 777, that will now come too late and we'll lose the best young player we've had in decades.

A board member, and largest shareholder who doesn't have any input?

Next you'll be telling me he doesn't even get a directors vote.
Where have I said he doesn’t have any input? He’s selling because, in his opinion, he doesn’t have enough. That is demonstrably true, and I have repeated that on both this thread and the 777 thread.
@rsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back