John Textor

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we brought in a decent new owner with competent board members then they'd immediately be able to get us all kinds of new sponsorship deals and would reduce or even completely eliminate the need to sell off young Jarrad.

In typical Everton style though, thanks solely to Mr Moshiri and his brain dead pursuit of 777, that will now come too late and we'll lose the best young player we've had in decades.
I don’t think whoever comes will make any difference in the first 6 months, they can’t just conjure up mega money sponsorship deals for a failing club. The only way it would happen if we done what Usmanov did and blatantly filter money into the club with things like training grounds and the PL have there eye on stuff like that.
No owner would make any difference with regards to selling Branthwaite, he’s going to get offers no Everton player would turn down.

Never mentioned that Textor wanted Glasner at Lyon, did he put his name forward to parish?

I'm kind of in @Alan Whittle camp with this. If he fully owns Lyon and wanted him there, wouldn't he deep down preferred him not to go to Palace?

Also the timing is a bit off as Glasner was appointed after Textor had already put his Palace shares up for sale. Could it be Parish giving two fingers up to the American?

I'm not saying any of that is true but just as likely as Textor being the Parish whisperer cooing him to pick a particular manager.

Where have I said he doesn’t have any input? He’s selling because, in his opinion, he doesn’t have enough. That is demonstrably true, and I have repeated that on both this thread and the 777 thread.
@rsed.

Here;

Doesn't he own 45% of the club? Largest shareholder?

Find it hard to believe he wouldn't have input into key decisions - even if they like to say to fans it's all Steve 10% Parish.

Yeah. That’s why he’s selling.

I don’t think whoever comes will make any difference in the first 6 months, they can’t just conjure up mega money sponsorship deals for a failing club. The only way it would happen if we done what Usmanov did and blatantly filter money into the club with things like training grounds and the PL have there eye on stuff like that.
No owner would make any difference with regards to selling Branthwaite, he’s going to get offers no Everton player would turn down.
They could definitely refuse to sell and accept a minimum points deduction as a result. Forest got two points! Next season once again is merely about survival and Michael Keane starting will likely cost us two points within the first game or two anyway.

I'm kind of in @Alan Whittle camp with this. If he fully owns Lyon and wanted him there, wouldn't he deep down preferred him not to go to Palace?

Because Lyon are a French club, and Glasner doesn't speak French.

The Austrian replaced Roy Hodgson last week.

Textor said: "Everybody knows I've been following Oliver Glasner around forever. I love him.

"Steve [Parish] met him independently and he made his own decision on Oliver Glasner.

"I'll tell you why we liked him back from Lyon. If he spoke French he would be the coach of Lyon now.

Yeah, when the deal with Glasner was about to complete, stuff appeared from friendly journos claiming that Textor had already ear marked him for Lyon. Reasons for his non appointment there were variously “he couldn’t speak French” and “the time wasn’t right”. All a bit limp. Textor does like a bit of good PR (who doesn’t?) and this sort of soft pap appears occasionally.
Remember he wants to leave Palace because he wants control. You would think getting his man to be manager would placate him….unless it was baloney.

Can see this fella losing put on getting us, others don't have to wait to sell the shares and the wait for that to happen will allow others to move in.
Moshiri wants out so will go with the first decent option that gives him that wish.

Can see this fella losing put on getting us, others don't have to wait to sell the shares and the wait for that to happen will allow others to move in.
Moshiri wants out so will go with the first decent option that gives him that wish.
Needs to be someone else interested to lose out too.

I think it remains to see who the "others" are at the moment mate.

Are the others oil rich nations? or Jim in his bedsit in Manchester, or another drug dealing chancer?

I hold little faith in the club in all honesty - it was right to blame Kenwright at the time, now, I just think the club is rotten.

I see what you did there, but “no input into key decisions” is different from the “doesn’t have any input” that you turned that into to suit your narrative.

Feels like you're trying to deflect with semantics.

This debate started because you contested @JimmyK's point that Textor was involved with Glasner;

No, the Lyon bit is not made up, that’s not what I said. Claiming the credit for getting him to Palace (which, in part, he is doing, despite having no say in day to day matters) is the made up (or at least highly exaggerated) part.

So you've said he has no input into key decisions, or even say in day to day matters.

But you've now said he does have some input.

Can you tell us what input your majority shareholder, who sits on your board (of 4 is it?) with a directors vote actually have?

The point I've continually made is he must have input - input is exactly that. I've not said he has final say. Input.

That's quite a big say though isn't it.

He might want more, but that's input/a voice.
It is but, don’t hold me to this either, the other 3 board members also have 25% say. So quite easy for his influence to be lost despite having the most shares. Unless what I’ve read is garbage 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back