John Textor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is on his list? My list is simply Mark Cuban, but then I don't know anything about most potential owners. There's probably between 2 and 3 thousand billionaires in the world and the reality is most of them we don't know and most have some dirty laundry, but a lot of them would make good owners. Then of course we'll likely be bought by a conglomerate.

TLDR; I like the Esk as much as the next guy but why is he the club gatekeeper?
Because like Meyers , he seems bored and it's a self imposed status people clamor to when anybody asserts that they have insider knowledge regarding everton since the club is so cagey and uncommunicative with its fan base

He's a chancer. One of these do it now and think later types. Pretty sure all his money is from external sources. The other Americans at Palace are the real money.

Ty for all comments; not challenging you but following up on this, not much info is available (he's not on the Forbes list). Estimated wealth is $3B+ but not sure how much of that is liquid. Part of the DuPont family tree but probably not close to that money. Interested to see what he's actually like; as I implied above there is good risk and bad risk and we're all too familiar with bad risk.

Palace fan here - Textor bought a big share in the club back in 2021 and the cash was used to fund some excellent purchases. We bought Guehi, Andersen, Olise and loaned Gallagher. Those have set us in good stead. However Textor bought 45% of the business with only 25% of the control. The other 75% is covered by 3 votes from Steve Parish, Josh Harris and David Blitzer. Harris and Blitzer basically let Parish get on with it, and most (sensible) fans are happy with a Palace fan who's done an incredible job in Parish making the decisions.

Textor's view is different, he wants us to be part of a multi-club model and probably spend more money and take more risk. Parish is very cautious, we take minimal risk which is probably why we've got between 40-49 points every single season we've been in the Premier League. If you get Textor, you'll probably sign a load of players from all over the world for peanuts. Some will work, a lot won't, but he does have cash to spend and he has built up connections and a good scouting network. You'll be more like Brighton than Palace. We tend to shop in the Championship and go after players who are near the end of their contracts, available for free, or are just out of favour. The one gamble we took last summer on a Brazilian wonderkid hasn't really gone as planned (Matheus Franca).

From the outside looking in, he'd be a lot better than Moshiri but does also represent risk.
Thanks for that informative post , welcome to the forum

Looks like a great owner but he better change those glasses. They remond me of Rafael benitez😂😂
1000015735.jpg

Priority is Lyon? Disaster waiting to happen. Can’t believe there are folks who believe his ownership is something to look forward to.

I've been recently watching his interviews over the years at OL & other teams. He seems invested and talked about how he doesn't like how other companies use multi-club ownership models where one club is favoured over another. He wants to take risks but can't do that at the minute with Palace as he doesn't have a full say in the direction of the club.
Thats what putting your money into a team means.

The man sure knows how to read people
The funny thing is I often think @davek is on a wind-up, his opinion is deliberately provocative, or he's just plain wrong - even as I admire his rabble-rousing and, sometimes, foolhardy bravery. Yet, time so often proves him correct on some of those pronouncements that one might take umbrage at initially.

I've learned to sneer less at his madder takes. They might appear mad at the time, but there's regularly real method to that "madness"...and it's very entertaining regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back