John Textor

What's going on here then?

IMG_0066.webp

The funny thing is him and the Esk bigged up Moshiri when he arrived.

@Damo_1878 called him a force multiplier and the Esk said we would be celebrating Champions League victories under Moshiri.

Given the money spent we should have been

However the incompetence of Moshiri and Bill Kenwright saw to that not happening

Wasting money on Players like Ashley Williams. Maupay etc

Why people are being deservedly so much more selective about the next ownership

Yet people like you criticise them as negative 🤷‍♂️

We're already in debt, not many owners are going to come in and clear it. (look at utd for one example)

If Textor or whoever can wrap that debt so it's affordable and the stadium makes more than the repayments then we are moving in a positive direction. Likewise if the debt after takeover is only 500 million then we've basically already paid off a quarter of billion off our stadium. That stadium is a debt the club owes.

The way Textor does it doesn't make it the best way or one we should settle on.

When a better owner with more of their own liquidity can absorb more of it and thus be cheaper for the club like the TFG proposal

The way Textor does it doesn't make it the best way or one we should settle on.

When a better owner with more of their own liquidity can absorb more of it and thus be cheaper for the club like the TFG proposal

Again you're not comparing against other clubs. Spurs owner hasn't wiped out huge chunks of the stadium debt, Utd will build theirs with debt. Why should we be the ones with the different model? Now I get what you say and it would put us in a better position and that would be great if a money is no object owner were to snap us up. Generally clubs aren't bought like that though. It's also pointless going back to the TFG situation as obviously there was a difference between what they said they would do upfront and then what they found.

We have to remember that stadium debt can be good debt if the increase revenue streams exceed the repayments. It effectively means you get something for nothing.

As long as someone can come in who the banks trust then it can be used as collateral to take care of itself. The money that the owner could pay off can then in theory be used for bad/risky debt that should never be financed (player trading). I would also add the devil is in the detail. If a Textor says I'm refinancing the lot so all the other lenders dissappear and he is going to fund the cash flow that we've gone to R&M in the past, even though the debt may be higher overall, going forward we would have a much more stable platform to build off. That might be better than someone using their entire fortune and then going and getting finance thereafter for everything as the well is dry and we'll just find that debt they said they would pay off is quietly building to the same levels over here in a few years time.

Again you're not comparing against other clubs. Spurs owner hasn't wiped out huge chunks of the stadium debt, Utd will build theirs with debt. Why should we be the ones with the different model? Now I get what you say and it would put us in a better position and that would be great if a money is no object owner were to snap us up. Generally clubs aren't bought like that though. It's also pointless going back to the TFG situation as obviously there was a difference between what they said they would do upfront and then what they found.

We have to remember that stadium debt can be good debt if the increase revenue streams exceed the repayments. It effectively means you get something for nothing.

As long as someone can come in who the banks trust then it can be used as collateral to take care of itself. The money that the owner could pay off can then in theory be used for bad/risky debt that should never be financed (player trading). I would also add the devil is in the detail. If a Textor says I'm refinancing the lot so all the other lenders dissappear and he is going to fund the cash flow that we've gone to R&M in the past, even though the debt may be higher overall, going forward we would have a much more stable platform to build off. That might be better than someone using their entire fortune and then going and getting finance thereafter for everything as the well is dry and we'll just find that debt they said they would pay off is quietly building to the same levels over here in a few years time.

What Textor says and reality however are two different things and there are real question marks if he can fund things without getting finance

That's the point

What Textor says and reality however are two different things and there are real question marks if he can fund things without getting finance

That's the point

That's the same for nearly every single potential owner of Everton. At the end f the day they don't get rich spending their own money. I think you're going to be pretty disappointed if you think anyone is coming in and in a benevolent fashion and say I'm clearing half of Everton's debt. They'll see we have a 1 billion asset and it will be how much can I leverage against it to buy the club for buttons with their own funds. Something for nothing.

Given the money spent we should have been

However the incompetence of Moshiri and Bill Kenwright saw to that not happening

Wasting money on Players like Ashley Williams. Maupay etc

Why people are being deservedly so much more selective about the next ownership

Yet people like you criticise them as negative 🤷‍♂️
i would just like see a balanced view both sides the negative and postive each takeover has both. I totally understand the 777 because well imagine the mess if they did manage to take us over, but if it is textor would be good to see what he does well and what is bad. Just dont want to start off to negative if is textor if he can actually help us as a club

i would just like see a balanced view both sides the negative and postive each takeover has both. I totally understand the 777 because well imagine the mess if they did manage to take us over, but if it is textor would be good to see what he does well and what is bad. Just dont want to start off to negative if is textor if he can actually help us as a club

I don't think it's helpful censoring "negative" things

We have far too many in our fanbase especially on twitter that try and censor things they think is negative. It was encouraged by individuals at the club under Bill Kenwright

Better to let people consider all the information. Negative and Positive.

The Palace fan says that Glasner was Textors choice, Textor lined him up the season previous when Palace re appointed Hodgson.
He is just repeating what Textor claims himself. Textor didn’t make this claim until after Glasner had been in place for a couple of weeks and no independent evidence to support this claim has ever been seen.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back