John Textor

I'd prefer Textor to Moshiri and 777. There can't be many that wouldn't . That is a very low bar. If Textor was to happen then I wouldn't at all class him as some charlatan. I don't think his motives are suspect. But equally there are valid questions over his ability to manage the clubs debt and inject working capital. We have come too far just to swap faces at the top. We need real, meaningful, and sustainable positive change right through the club.

Equally it's a concern if a deal falls through again as it just exacerbates the perception that the club is broken beyond repair. We may well have to settle for Textor in that respect. This is the legacy Moshiri and Kenwright leave. Textor may still fail to get out of Palace and if that happens then at least it isn't something intrinsic to Everton and leaves the door ajar for someone else. I hope TFG will return and they have a big say in what happens next snyway.
I suspect your second paragraph is why the club has not publicly made a statement re exclusivity (if indeed true). To announce it publicly in the way they did with 777 and TFG only for it to fall through a third time would be a PR disaster and would run the real risk of deterring other potential investors

The whole Textor = Moshiri is really bizarre to me. There's almost no similarity and I'm sure there are plenty of things to be negative about without pretending that: he didnt make his money running real businesses(Moshiri was gifted by Putin/Usmanov) and hasn't run football clubs for years.

There doesn't seem to be a coherent strategy behind Textors football investments and the multi-club model. On the face of it it just seems like he persues whichever club he takes a fancy to at the time.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back