John Textor

Hard to say if hes any good or not seeing as alot of the mess with Lyon was caused by their former owner + covid.

Theyve made some dreadful and peculiar signings at high fees.

I expect once the stadium is built we would have better offers but...who knows?

With the surging visibility here I'm not sure our lack knowledge of how crap works over there is a limiting factor like decades previous but they still have problems stomaching the relegation method as it puts their idea of an investment in jeopardy.
Think this is a big part of the reason so many of them favour multi-club ownership, in a sport where the kick of a ball can cost you tens, hundreds of millions of revenue they want to spread the risk / luck / variance about a bit. TBH while multi-club can have downsides and isn't particularly popular with fans it's fundamentally sensible from an investment point of view.

Think this is a big part of the reason so many of them favour multi-club ownership, in a sport where the kick of a ball can cost you tens, hundreds of millions of revenue they want to spread the risk / luck / variance about a bit. TBH while multi-club can have downsides and isn't particularly popular with fans it's fundamentally sensible from an investment point of view.

If we could maybe do one thing well it would be to add a version of the "Minor League" baseball/ice hockey methodology, which is what I think some are trying to do with the multi-club thing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back