John Textor

Borson talking about Textors business relationship with Russian oligarchs and points to a Brazilian publication, anyone know anything about this?

Another front for Russian money doesn`t surprise me one bit.

So basically he has no more of a clue than anybody else. I also find it hilarious to point to the evil Russians when in the world of business, deals are being done with other evil regimes, left, right and center. OK so I don’t want anything to do with them but football is hardly the cleanest of sports when it comes to this stuff.

Last edited:

Unless whoever comes in has deep pockets and clears the debt and turns it into equity we are still going to be saddled with massive debt repayments
It’ll be at a lower rate and over a longer period of time but it will still hamper our ability to upgrade the squad
It ain't perfect, however, hopefully he can inject some cash to help service the debt and secure our finances to a state where we can begin to build the squad.

Unless whoever comes in has deep pockets and clears the debt and turns it into equity we are still going to be saddled with massive debt repayments
It’ll be at a lower rate and over a longer period of time but it will still hamper our ability to upgrade the squad
The idea will be to let inflation do its work over 30 years - 40 years so the long term debt will get more manageable the longer we have it.

We will increase our revenue from somewhere 190 mill - 230/250 mill.

The idea will be to let inflation do its work over 30 years - 40 years so the long term debt will get more manageable the longer we have it.

That is what interest rates above inflation rates do. They account for that inflation. We will not inflate away this debt.

We need to be raising revenue in excess of the debt interest every year.

Ultimately the pain is going to come back to ordinary fans, already seeing the club charging them for memberships now £35 a year etc

All for debt costs in excess of what we should be facing because of the fiasco manner in which this infrastructure project has been funded to date.

That is what interest rates above inflation rates do. They account for that inflation. We will not inflate away this debt.

We need to be raising revenue in excess of the debt interest every year.

Ultimately the pain is going to come back to ordinary fans, already seeing the club charging them for memberships now £35 a year etc

All for debt costs in excess of what we should be facing because of the fiasco manner in which this infrastructure project has been funded to date.

I said inflation would make it more manageable the longer we have it mate, not that it would inflate it away.

But inflation is dynamic in the long term mate, we are going to be moving to a lower rate interest rate environment shortly - that's when we need to nail.

Can you imagine what TV money and cost of a ticket to attend a fame, even a jersey will cost in 30 years time.

There is inflation - which dynmic

There is football inflation which is hyper dynamic.

I know the risk involved to like.

I said inflation would make it more manageable the longer we have it mate, not that it would inflate it away.

But inflation is dynamic in the long term mate, we are going to be moving to a lower rate interest rate environment shortly - that's when we need to nail.

Can you imagine what TV money and cost of a ticket to attend a fame, even a jersey will cost in 30 years time.

There is inflation - which dynmic

There is football inflation which is hyper dynamic.

I know the risk involved to like.

The financiers will factor in an average annual inflation rate over the terms of the loans. Which will be incorporated into the loan interest rates.

We will not inflate away the debt.

The financiers will factor in an average annual inflation rate over the terms of the loans.

We will not inflate away the debt.

I said inflation would make the debt more manageable in the long term not that it would inflate away the debt.

Ill give you the example of the Bear Sterns / laterally Prudential deal - that was a millstone around the clubs neck for the best part of a decade.

Today, those sums dont get you a top 6 PL player.

That was only 10 years ago...if even.

I said inflation would make the debt more manageable in the long term not that it would inflate away the debt.

Ill give you the example of the Bear Sterns / laterally Prudential deal - that was a millstone around the clubs next for the best part of a decade.

Today, those sums dont get you a top 6 PL player.

That was only 10 years ago.

That is only because TV revenues have increased by orders of magnitude above inflation rates

That isn't the result of inflation, it's the result of TV revenue increases. The level of annual growth of which in the long term aren't going to be sustained.

That is only because TV revenues have increased by orders of magnitude above inflation rates

That isn't the result of inflation, it's the result of TV revenue increases. The level of which in the long term aren't going to be sustained.

I dont see the two as mutually exclusive to the point i made, i didn't specifically say societal inflation or football inflation - i said inflation as an overarching principal.

But i think everyone is able to understand if our revenue increases due to inflation - the debt becomes less hard to manage.

I dont see the two as mutually exclusive to the point i made.

The impact on inflation on the debt of Everton being ultimately paid back will be negligible. No one is going to give us free money or allow a debt to simply inflate away

The pain will ultimately land on the shoulders of fans. We're seeing that already happening

This is the concern with Textor. Lumping more debt (leverage) onto the club.

Christ I’m 64
I can’t wait 30/40 to see a decent squad
Imagine in 20 years if our back 4 is
Coleman. Keane. Holgate. Young
Not very Zatlike that back 4

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back