John Textor

The impact on inflation on the debt of Everton being ultimately paid back will be negligible. No one is going to give us free money or allow a debt to simply inflate away

The pain will ultimately land on the shoulders of fans. We're seeing that already happening

This is the concern with Textor. Lumping more debt (leverage) onto the club.

Mate i dont think you understand.

Ill make it very simple, over the next 20-30 years the price of everything will go up, TV rights, Tickets, commercials, Sponsorship.

Our Revenue will increase.

As that Revenue increases, the debt becomes less less problematic and easier to manage.

When i say inflation - im not talking of BOE projections of societal inflation - im talking about in industry inflation and revenue growth.

As example is the Bear Steranes/Prudential deal for what 35 mill - that was hugely problematic for the club 10 years ago - today most clubs spend that on a player.

Mate i dont think you understand.

Ill make it very simple, over the next 20-30 years the price of everything will go up, TV rights, Tickets, commercials, Sponsorship.

Our Revenue will increase.

As that Revenue increases, the debt becomes less less problematic and easier to manage.

When i say inflation - im not talking of BOE projections of societal inflation - im talking about in industry inflation and revenue growth.

As example is the Bear Steranes/Prudential deal for what 35 mill - that was hugely problematic for the club 10 years ago - today most clubs spend that on a player.

I think you're over estimating the impact the stadium will have. It was built too small and should have been 62000 not 52000

That lack of capacity will hinder us for decades

I think you're over estimating the impact the stadium will have. It was built too small and should have been 62000 not 52000

The clubs own projection of the revenue generation is £35 - £40 mill on the facility alone comparatively to Goodison, before intangibles like Sponsorship etc.

Not going down the capacity rabbit hole mate! ;)

I'd prefer Textor to Moshiri and 777. There can't be many that wouldn't . That is a very low bar. If Textor was to happen then I wouldn't at all class him as some charlatan. I don't think his motives are suspect. But equally there are valid questions over his ability to manage the clubs debt and inject working capital. We have come too far just to swap faces at the top. We need real, meaningful, and sustainable positive change right through the club.

Equally it's a concern if a deal falls through again as it just exacerbates the perception that the club is broken beyond repair. We may well have to settle for Textor in that respect. This is the legacy Moshiri and Kenwright leave. Textor may still fail to get out of Palace and if that happens then at least it isn't something intrinsic to Everton and leaves the door ajar for someone else. I hope TFG will return and they have a big say in what happens next snyway.
Well said. This is basically my general feelings as well. I will note I am very disappointed the Friedkin deal fell apart, that would have been a preferred option than Textor. But lets not kid ourselves we are in a freefall, and currently in a place I honestly never thought we could be as an Evertonian. A middling owner with middle of the pack pockets and a desire for a multi club model with another valuable asset/development track route in OL...sure.

IDK one thing I think that is just massively under noted is what Textor's expecting to get for his 45% Palace shares nnd how that compares to his desired 94% in Everton? I would assume he expects to pay additional for Everton but how much is a crucial variable in all of this. In such negotiations who is leveraging the present to longterm becomes really murky. This is the most optimistic Palace side in my memory. Everton the exact inverse, but one of those is historically a massive club. How much Textor wants for CP is I think the lingering question as the club right now is changing its perception. That said any negotiation also comes with the known fact Textor wants Everton which likely lends to someone expecting a favorable deal.

Well said. This is basically my general feelings as well. I will note I am very disappointed the Friedkin deal fell apart, that would have been a preferred option than Textor. But lets not kid ourselves we are in a freefall, and currently in a place I honestly never thought we could be as an Evertonian. A middling owner with middle of the pack pockets and a desire for a multi club model with another valuable asset/development track route in OL...sure.

IDK one thing I think that is just massively under noted is what Textor's expecting to get for his 45% Palace shares nnd how that compares to his desired 94% in Everton? I would assume he expects to pay additional for Everton but how much is a crucial variable in all of this. In such negotiations who is leveraging the present to longterm becomes really murky. This is the most optimistic Palace side in my memory. Everton the exact inverse, but one of those is historically a massive club. How much Textor wants for CP is I think the lingering question as the club right now is changing its perception. That said any negotiation also comes with the known fact Textor wants Everton which likely lends to someone expecting a favorable deal.
I wouldn't be surprised that he is planning to use the cash for his 45% shares from palace as down payment and the rest will be all debt secure against the stadium

10k GA tickets won't dramatically change our landscape. Even if you said all tickets are sold at full adult price (which they won't as you'll have plenty of concessions in that figure and some games won't be 100% full) it would come to 10m a season, that's 15-20 years paying off before you even break even. In real terms it might be worth 5 million a year to us over what we will have.

10k premium seats on the other hand then it's totally worth it as the 5k we have generate more than the rest of the stadium. Problem is can we sell that many, very unlikely.

Ultimate capacity only really comes into play if the TV money suddenly dissappears.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back