John Textor

Textor just seems like another Moshiri to me. Same deal, Moshiri tried to get control at Arsenal but they smelt incompotence and sent him on his way to Everton - where he proved his worth as a controlling owner!!
Maybe Crystal Palace can smell the same incompotence with Textor and will send another clown our way....
Would have preferred the last lot of Americans who seemed to know what they were doing.
Moshiri never tried to get control at Arsenal he only ever had 15% holding and even that wasn’t really his

I’ve got a couple of reservations with this guy, but I think the biggest question I have is if successful, outside of the leveraging bit which no one wants, how much of a risk taker he is going to be as well. He is quoted in the last as having said owners should be able to spend as much as they want, but he is also appearing to show a major difference when considering TFG. They withdrew because of the A-Cap / 777 / Leadenhall situation but he seems to be fine with it, which tells me they were more risk averse than this guys. Are we going to end up with another risk taker?

Borson talking about Textors business relationship with Russian oligarchs and points to a Brazilian publication, anyone know anything about this?

Another front for Russian money doesn`t surprise me one bit.

Borson talking about Textors business relationship with Russian oligarchs and points to a Brazilian publication, anyone know anything about this?

Another front for Russian money doesn`t surprise me one bit.

It's all old info and covered earlier in the thread. There's no way that Textor is a front for Russian money at this point.

I might try going into a shop and asking for exclusivity on some stuff I might buy

How does this exclusivity period make sense can someone explain? Surely it only deters other potential buyers

In this respect it's no different than buying a house. If you make an offer on a house it's contingent on appraisals, inspections etc. All that work needs to be done after the offer is accepted. You wouldn't schedule appraisals and inspections if you knew that another buyer could just come in and take the house from under you.

This is similar in that respect, no one is going to offer to buy the club if they knew that they could lose it during the due diligence period. This is all standard practice.

What isn't standard is inviting charlatans in to buy the club (Kaminski, 777). Or having an exclusivity period last as long as 777 with no hopes of realistically closing the deal.

In this respect it's no different than buying a house. If you make an offer on a house it's contingent on appraisals, inspections etc. All that work needs to be done after the offer is accepted. You wouldn't schedule appraisals and inspections if you knew that another buyer could just come in and take the house from under you.

This is similar in that respect, no one is going to offer to buy the club if they knew that they could lose it during the due diligence period. This is all standard practice.

What isn't standard is inviting charlatans in to buy the club (Kaminski, 777). Or having an exclusivity period last as long as 777 with no hopes of realistically closing the deal.
Thank you
That makes perfect sense with the house analogy.
Yes 777's last a long time. Textor's until January I believe?

Aren't Arsenal and Liverpool owned by Americans?

Arsenal & Liverpool were already huge clubs & also have little to no FFP restriction on spend due to the size of their clubs already existent revenue streams. I think when assessing clubs owners you need to look at which owners have taken midtable clubs and made them successful and/or competing.

Man City - UAE
Chelsea - Russian
PSG - Qatari
Girona - UAE
Newcastle - Saudi
Aston Villa - Egyptian & US.
Spurs - UK

I dont include WHU as they have been given a massive leg up by corrupt Boris Johnson with the new stadium paid for by the taxpayer.

In conclusion, a midtable club like ours needs cash from the East / Gulf to have any hopes of progressing past being a midtable outfit.

Arsenal & Liverpool were already huge clubs & also have little to no FFP restriction on spend due to the size of their clubs already existent revenue streams. I think when assessing clubs owners you need to look at which owners have taken midtable clubs and made them successful and/or competing.

Man City - UAE
Chelsea - Russian
PSG - Qatari
Girona - UAE
Newcastle - Saudi
Aston Villa - Egyptian & US.
Spurs - UK

I dont include WHU as they have been given a massive leg up by corrupt Boris Johnson with the new stadium paid for by the taxpayer.

In conclusion, a midtable club like ours needs cash from the East / Gulf to have any hopes of progressing past being a midtable outfit.
I wasn't making an overall assessment though, I was pointing out two clubs that weren't messed up by US ownership, they were in fact improved regardless of existing size.

I’ve got a couple of reservations with this guy, but I think the biggest question I have is if successful, outside of the leveraging bit which no one wants, how much of a risk taker he is going to be as well. He is quoted in the last as having said owners should be able to spend as much as they want, but he is also appearing to show a major difference when considering TFG. They withdrew because of the A-Cap / 777 / Leadenhall situation but he seems to be fine with it, which tells me they were more risk averse than this guys. Are we going to end up with another risk taker?
I think TFG were only half arsed about buying the club…Roma was their focus.

Motivated by the ground more than the club.

Textor may not be perfect but he at least seems to want to own a club for footballing reasons.

We can’t carry on with Moshiri

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back