John Textor

I don't think it's helpful censoring "negative" things

We have far too many in our fanbase especially on twitter that try and censor things they think is negative. It was encouraged by individuals at the club under Bill Kenwright

Better to let people consider all the information. Negative and Positive.
Totally agree with you is why i want both is also why i dont think helpful to ignore the postive things. Just hope we can get a good takeover done so we can actually get to enjoy normal football on the pitch again. Crazy thinking how long it has been with takeover ffp everything that as a club things off the pitch have been talked about more than the actual game itself

I don't think it's helpful censoring "negative" things

We have far too many in our fanbase especially on twitter that try and censor things they think is negative. It was encouraged by individuals at the club under Bill Kenwright

Better to let people consider all the information. Negative and Positive.
Just wondering...do you put on a suit before posting on GOT?

Just wondering...do you put on a suit before posting on GOT?

No.

Totally agree with you is why i want both is also why i dont think helpful to ignore the postive things. Just hope we can get a good takeover done so we can actually get to enjoy normal football on the pitch again. Crazy thinking how long it has been with takeover ffp everything that as a club things off the pitch have been talked about more than the actual game itself

I know what you mean. I just think that people start filtering the "negative" with comments like "just be positive" etc and then people just take it to extreme.

I want a "good takeover" too. I'm not anti Textor. I am just very sceptical. I'd of preferred TFG as I indicated yesterday.

Given the money spent we should have been

However the incompetence of Moshiri and Bill Kenwright saw to that not happening

Wasting money on Players like Ashley Williams. Maupay etc

Why people are being deservedly so much more selective about the next ownership

Yet people like you criticise them as negative 🤷‍♂️
I’ve always thought that our transfer spend has been exaggerated …..looking at a various websites detailing such information the average of those yearly spends - the highest spending season was net spend of £67m. This was in 17/18 - gross spend was £177m, so whilst we did have money to spend we didn’t exactly go out and massively outspend anyone else when you consider in partially that the sky six had been doing this for years. I agree however that the money spent was incredibly poorly spent

I’ve always thought that our transfer spend has been exaggerated …..looking at a various websites detailing such information the average of those yearly spends - the highest spending season was net spend of £67m. This was in 17/18 - gross spend was £177m, so whilst we did have money to spend we didn’t exactly go out and massively outspend anyone else when you consider in partially that the sky six had been doing this for years. I agree however that the money spent was incredibly poorly spent

It was wages as well that did us in, just like Randy Lerner/Villa over a decade ago.

We gave out wages like lunatics and went signing players stupidly.

We need people in ownership that will look after our club's money.

The narrative in the media is that we spent shed loads of money which wasn't really the case.
The truth is we bought badly and attracted players by paying high wages rather than any desire to play for the club .
Whoever takes over at club they just need to pay sensible wages and fees on players that we have a good chance of making a profit on if we have to sell .
All clubs make mistakes in the transfer market but it's all about keeping the bad ones to a minimum, recruitment is crucial if we are to move forward as a club.
I am all for Textor taking over as the sooner Moshiri is gone from the club the better.

The narrative in the media is that we spent shed loads of money which wasn't really the case.
The truth is we bought badly and attracted players by paying high wages rather than any desire to play for the club .
Whoever takes over at club they just need to pay sensible wages and fees on players that we have a good chance of making a profit on if we have to sell .
All clubs make mistakes in the transfer market but it's all about keeping the bad ones to a minimum, recruitment is crucial if we are to move forward as a club.
I am all for Textor taking over as the sooner Moshiri is gone from the club the better.

Yes, spending fees on has beens and never weres. Mid table players with no resale value on high wages.

I'd prefer Textor to Moshiri and 777. There can't be many that wouldn't . That is a very low bar. If Textor was to happen then I wouldn't at all class him as some charlatan. I don't think his motives are suspect. But equally there are valid questions over his ability to manage the clubs debt and inject working capital. We have come too far just to swap faces at the top. We need real, meaningful, and sustainable positive change right through the club.

Equally it's a concern if a deal falls through again as it just exacerbates the perception that the club is broken beyond repair. We may well have to settle for Textor in that respect. This is the legacy Moshiri and Kenwright leave. Textor may still fail to get out of Palace and if that happens then at least it isn't something intrinsic to Everton and leaves the door ajar for someone else. I hope TFG will return and they have a big say in what happens next snyway.

Textor gives me Moshiri vibes, only differences are financial, he has experiences of running other clubs (possibly badly) but he does seem to be in love with the game….Moshiri never was imo. That GIF where he’s in the stands with Kenwright looking at his phone and celebrates without knowing what he’s celebrating is funny

Textor gives me Moshiri vibes, only differences are financial, he has experiences of running other clubs (possibly badly) but he does seem to be in love with the game….Moshiri never was imo. That GIF where he’s in the stands with Kenwright looking at his phone and celebrates without knowing what he’s celebrating is funny
Think he is more like kenwright with some of the stuff he says just my hope that yes he can be like that. But put the right structure in place and let tthem get on with the work.

1000005887.webp

Think he is more like kenwright with some of the stuff he says just my hope that yes he can be like that. But put the right structure in place and let tthem get on with the work.
Strikes me as a bit of a mixture between Kenwright and Moshiri which possibly might work but could also be deadly.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back