John Textor

Just a thought...Are the recent Textor press releases and media statements a way of putting pressure on Moshiri? Someone who we know is notoriously frustrating to do business with and get to the table?

While it's not ideal for Textor to be talking so freely to the press about the takeover situation you can see it puts pressure on Moshiri by bringing it into back into the public eye,while no one is talking about it and no pressure is put on him,I get feeling he's more than happy just to let it roll on.

Just a thought...Are the recent Textor press releases and media statements a way of putting pressure on Moshiri? Someone who we know is notoriously frustrating to do business with and get to the table?

While it's not ideal for Textor to be talking so freely to the press about the takeover situation you can see it puts pressure on Moshiri by bringing it into back into the public eye,while no one is talking about it and no pressure is put on him,I get feeling he's more than happy just to let it roll on.
It certainly seemed pitched at getting the fans onside.

Either that’s just good housekeeping ahead of actually getting control, or as you say it’s about getting the fans on board for a fight.

If it’s the latter, I’m not sure it’ll help much. We’re universally desperate for Moshiri to sell, anyway.

Either that’s just good housekeeping ahead of actually getting control, or as you say it’s about getting the fans on board for a fight.

If it’s the latter, I’m not sure it’ll help much. We’re universally desperate for Moshiri to sell, anyway.
There is a third possibility that occurs to me after a moment’s thought, @Exeter_Gently - and that’s that his pitch wasn’t to us, but to would-be fellow investors. He needs to sell the club to them as one worth buying.

Come to think of it, that feels probably the most likely. Also fits with the weirdness about him saying he was worried about being gazumped in the purchase.

Yep I think it’s more about your first sentence than anything else (may also be to pressure Moshiri) but if it was purely about pressuring Moshiri, there was no need for the comments on the manager. Those comments have been made go get the fanbase onside.

I mentioned this myself yesterday.
It seems a strong possibility that Textor is trying to corner Moshiri.
I have come to share an underlying suspicion that Moshiri does not want to sell.
The prolonged attempt to complete the 777 deal went beyond all reasonable expectation, despite their abject failure to gain PL approval.
It took the final collapse of their business amidst a rash of court cases accusing them of fraud before we disengaged.
Very , very odd.
I wonder whether Textor is publicly assembling all the parts of the deal so that Moshiri has to sell or reveal his true motives.

Yep I think it’s more about your first sentence than anything else (may also be to pressure Moshiri) but if it was purely about pressuring Moshiri, there was no need for the comments on the manager. Those comments have been made go get the fanbase onside.
That’s certainly true. Although, you could see the angle of appealing to investors in that, also.

“If he can’t handle sexy players neutrals around the world will love, then he’s out.”

If investors are to be successful investing in Everton, we need that international fanbase swelling.

One thing with Textor is we'll know exactly we were are at every point with him...he's an open book, whether people like it or not.

You only had to see the clubs reaction pre press conference Thursday,Textor had everyone in a flap and that's mainly down to the fact the club has been run like DPRK over the pass 20 odd years, the club hates the fans being privy to anything going on inside.

Its funny really I do wonder when a lot of the fanbase ,which have been crying out for honestly and transparency from an Everton board and going to be able to handle Textor front and centre constantly shooting from the hip.

IF he takes over we'll have gone from one extreme to the other.

The one thing I can say positively about Esk, it takes amazing self belief to be that wrong repeatedly about so many things and for absolutely none of it to dent his confidence in outright stating his next cast iron proclamation with such conviction he's right, with utterly zero sense of how ridiculous he's become to the majority of Evertonians.

It also takes an amazing level of skill to be proven so utterly wrong so frequently within days of saying something.

The best must be his assertion we would pass p&s regs and we would not be deducted points and within 24 hours we had an 8 point deduction hit us 😂

One thing with Textor is we'll know exactly we were are at every point with him...he's an open book, whether people like it or not.

You only had to see the clubs reaction pre press conference Thursday,Textor had everyone in a flap and that's mainly down to the fact the club has been run like DPRK over the pass 20 odd years, the club hates the fans being privy to anything going on inside.

Its funny really I do wonder when a lot of the fanbase ,which have been crying out for honestly and transparency from an Everton board and going to be able to handle Textor front and centre constantly shooting from the hip.

We were run by Kim Jong Bill for years mate.

I mentioned this myself yesterday.
It seems a strong possibility that Textor is trying to corner Moshiri.
I have come to share an underlying suspicion that Moshiri does not want to sell.
The prolonged attempt to complete the 777 deal went beyond all reasonable expectation, despite their abject failure to gain PL approval.
It took the final collapse of their business amidst a rash of court cases accusing them of fraud before we disengaged.
Very , very odd.
I wonder whether Textor is publicly assembling all the parts of the deal so that Moshiri has to sell or reveal his true motives.

Textor is very comfortable talking to the press and being honest,which will make Moshiri very uncomfortable....he's probably just getting Moshiri to hurry it along.

We all want and end to it... Textor's open book tactics might well hurry it along.

Yeah, it’ll take some adjustment if he comes on board, that’s for sure.

Yeah, it’ll take some adjustment if he comes on board, that’s for sure.

Long as he's open AND truthful, then don't care if he's gobbing off every day mate honestly.

Worst thing in the world is to be invisible, essentially nobody pays attention because you're an irrelevance, don't see that happening with him as owner (not always good mind but at least will be an interesting ride)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back