John Textor

Exactly. What's changed then now because he's not confirmed he has a buyer as all previous bids were too low for his Crystal Palace shares

What's changed since then?

Should he really be trying to progress buying Everton when he has no buyer lined up?

I don't think he should. It blocks other parties interested in Everton and isn't in our interests
I don’t know. Why are you assuming something hasn’t changed? What evidence do you have for that?

He's been talking to other clubs including in the Championship before Everton

He's been trying to sell his Palace shares for months and months with no takers and no acceptable bids

He wants out of Palace but the fact is he can't take over any club until he sells them

Do we think his Palace shares are unsellable? They don't seem massively overpriced to me (within the context of football).

What's he said that's objectionable there? 🤷‍♂️

I don't necessarily think he's a billionaire, or I'm not even sure of people really understand what a billionaire is. People seem to assume it's that you have at least 1bn in cash, which is not really the case.

My question for Ziegler would be how would he want this to be established or proven?

The question isn't even whether he's a billionaire or not. It's what access to liquidity does he have, and is he involved with people who can afford to buy and ultimately finance the club.

I'm sick of people saying this type of thing. It's a pathetic comment.

All it is about is trying to silence discussion. This is a forum. It's about discussion not silencing it. 🤷‍♂️

Textor has rejected the offers he was given by the existing shareholders of CP as he didn't consider it enough money. We do know that.

I'm not sure why you are sick of it though.

In M & As there is often lots of stuff that isn't immediately in the public domain. He has rejected bids, which indicates he has received bids. There is clearly some interest.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back