John Textor

The article has this snippet

A statement from Textor read: “It is true that we recently made an offer to buy the remaining shares of Crystal Palace, at a valuation that far exceeds levels of prior investment. We have a strong belief that Palace has become a much more valuable club since 2021 and we respect our partners enough to offer fair value, regardless of circumstances.

“It is also true that our offer has yet to induce a response, and we believe that our Palace partners have the same desire to remain in ownership as we do. So our Raine Group efforts to sell our interests have resumed.”

Seems like this offer was possibly made before his recent negotiations with Moshiri. Maybe he's playing one against the other to try and force their hand, who knows really but it's another twist in a really tedious saga.

A statement from Textor read: “It is true that we recently made an offer to buy the remaining shares of Crystal Palace, at a valuation that far exceeds levels of prior investment. We have a strong belief that Palace has become a much more valuable club since 2021 and we respect our partners enough to offer fair value, regardless of circumstances.

“It is also true that our offer has yet to induce a response, and we believe that our Palace partners have the same desire to remain in ownership as we do. So our Raine Group efforts to sell our interests have resumed.”

Seems like this offer was possibly made before his recent negotiations with Moshiri. Maybe he's playing one against the other to try and force their hand, who knows really but it's another twist in a really tedious saga.
Games to get the best price on exit

Yeah it was reported a good while back that Raine Group had been engaged, so if the offer referred pre-dates then really none of these events are recent and this isn't really a story?

I doubt this is true as of today , he’s met moshiri, gone into an exclusivity agreement. Parris said a while ago they were helping him move on, palace don’t fit his multi club model.
Non story to me

Bit misleading that article.

They instructed the Raine group in May
This isn't a recent development.
According to Matt Woosnam (Palace’s Athletic correspondent) it is new. Still don’t see the other three selling up mind.

Attachments

• IMG_0508.webp
    IMG_0508.webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 3

I doubt he developed a love and affinity for EFC while growing up in Florida in the 70s...

Most of these guys coming in don't care who they buy.
I get that, but trying to buy another club when he’s in a period of exclusivity to buy this grand old team? That’s just showing contempt to each and every one of us.

I get that, but trying to buy another club when he’s in a period of exclusivity to buy this grand old team? That’s just showing contempt to each and every one of us.
I assume that now he’s had a proper look at your books he’s come to the conclusion that buying out the other owners at Palace would be a lot cheaper than buying Everton! He won’t succeed with it, I am pretty sure of that.

According to Matt Woosnam (Palace’s Athletic correspondent) it is new. Still don’t see the other three selling up mind.
I suppose we will have to see what other clued up journalists say. Gregg O’keefe works for the Athletic and yet in a pod today was taking about Textor maybe meeting moshiri tomorrow, and yet apparently it was yesterday. Not all are clued up. Ed Arrons piece today in the guardian mentioned nothing about this

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back