Jokes Thread

A guy sits down at the bar and orders drink after drink. "Is everything okay, pal?" the bartender asks. "My wife and I got into a fight and she said she wasn’t going to talk to me for a month.”
Trying to put a positive spin on things, the bartender says, "Well, maybe that's kind of a good thing. You know... a little peace and quiet?"
"Yeah. But today is the last day...”

I remember in the 1940's on a Sunday afternoon, black & white silent films were shown at St Philomena's school hall. Entrance fee was 6d. and funds went to St Philomena's church. It was always packed and the show lasted about 2 hours. Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton (my favourite), Laurel & Hardy and Cartoons. Occasionally, there was a full length film. We sat on the floor. Before it started, a guy used to give us instructions about what to do if there was an air-raid. (School air-raid shelters to be used)., but by that time air-raids had long since stopped.)

I remember in the 1940's on a Sunday afternoon, black & white silent films were shown at St Philomena's school hall. Entrance fee was 6d. and funds went to St Philomena's church. It was always packed and the show lasted about 2 hours. Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton (my favourite), Laurel & Hardy and Cartoons. Occasionally, there was a full length film. We sat on the floor. Before it started, a guy used to give us instructions about what to do if there was an air-raid. (School air-raid shelters to be used)., but by that time air-raids had long since stopped.)
I used to live close to st Philly's

The punchline let it down I thought o_O

Who’s there ?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back