Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
18M is a joke. If its City bidding at the minimum I want 20M and Richards (with them paying 1/2 of Richards wages).

Ha, brilliant. :lol:
We demand Manc Sh*tty pay our players wages for the season or its a big fat NO DEAL on our Lescott.
Milk them dry I say!

Ha, brilliant. :lol:
We demand Manc Sh*tty pay our players wages for the season or its a big fat NO DEAL on our Lescott.
Milk them dry I say!

If you are going to sell players you have to take advantage when new owners throw money around like candy b/c they wise up after a few years. First it was Roman, then Egghead. Egghead is gone, and broke and Roman holds firm w/ his bids. There's no 20M for players like Duff and Wright Phillips anymore at Chelsea.

Plus we can't afford Richards w/o upsetting the squad (makes 75k/week) given that he's a player who could be great or could be a coke snorting VDM so they'll have to absorb wages.

If Terry (who sucks but is way better than what they have) stays at Chelsea, they have no choise to increase the bid for Lescott.

Actually what I would do is hold on to Lescott til January. I think Terry will stay so when City is 9th due to shoddy defense and getting whipped on the counterattack they'll have to break the bank for him.

Joleon Lescott to discuss future with David Moyes | Premier League - Times Online

I'd be annoyed if this is the reason he ended up giving for requesting a transfer.

Lescott, 26, is not a natural agitator and is reluctant to antagonise Moyes by pushing for a transfer, but he believes that joining City would strengthen his claim for a place in England's starting line-up in next summer's World Cup finals.
The only way I can see moving to City would increase his chances is because playing next to Jags it is obvious who is the better defender. We have Euro footie in a World Cup year and I still believe we'll finish above City next year. I'll be slightly less confident if they do secure both Lescott and Terry but then we'd have a decent budget too surely.

I wouldn't hold ill feelings if he went and just said "Great deal for the club, great deal for me. Thanks for allowing me to fulfil my potential." All that cash they earn and lackeys they have and no-one advises them with PR?:blink:

Spot on mate

How moving to a club that is not in Europe next year is supposed to strengthen his already pretty nailed on world cup chances is beyond me.

Am sick of all this Man City stuff. They are acting completely without any integrity. Hughes said the other day that he would only talk about players he had and not speculate about any others....less than 24 hours later he is on telly saying that he is hopefull of landing John Terry!

If you look at the Man City signings, then Fergie is right that they are not a serious threat
1) Tevez - Would only have been a squad player at Real so he wasn't going to join them, and the fact that no other big club lodged a serious bid shows that he is in my opinion, overrated. Not wanted by Utd

2) Adebayor - VASTLY overrated. I remember a certain other big striker from the Sh1te having 1 good season and then never did anything again. Not wanted by Arsenal

3) Santa Cruz - the fact that Spurs were the only other side to want him says everything. Not wanted by any top team

4) Barry - a good player but did nothing for the last half a season at Villa. Not exactly a world beater. Only the Sh1te wanted him...and they also bought Youssi, Babel, Lucas....so not exactly a good pedigree in spotting players

So basically, they have spent a lot of money on other teams cast offs and created huge expectation. Hughes will be sacked by Christmas.

So, Lescott is better off staying put. If £40k a week isn't enough, then he should only be joining world class i.e. Utd, Real , Barca etc

Joleon Lescott to discuss future with David Moyes | Premier League - Times Online

I'd be annoyed if this is the reason he ended up giving for requesting a transfer.

Lescott, 26, is not a natural agitator and is reluctant to antagonise Moyes by pushing for a transfer, but he believes that joining City would strengthen his claim for a place in England's starting line-up in next summer's World Cup finals.
The only way I can see moving to City would increase his chances is because playing next to Jags it is obvious who is the better defender. We have Euro footie in a World Cup year and I still believe we'll finish above City next year. I'll be slightly less confident if they do secure both Lescott and Terry but then we'd have a decent budget too surely.

I wouldn't hold ill feelings if he went and just said "Great deal for the club, great deal for me. Thanks for allowing me to fulfil my potential." All that cash they earn and lackeys they have and no-one advises them with PR?:blink:

He gets that at Everton! The only reason why he's not 1st choice is because Terry and Ferdinand are better defenders...and that Upson happens to have solid games for Capello for him to trust him enough over everyone else.

Bullshit story I'm afraid. If he wants to speak to them either way they'll have to meet what we want for the player or he'll have to put in a transfer request. Simples.

If indeed Lescott wants to speak with Citeh, why doesn't Everton ask for Elano to come to Goodison either on loan or as makeweight rather than letting him skip off to Cologne or Inter on loan?

If he really wanted to talk to City, he wouldnt have bothered getting on the plane to America. Hes came out and said he wants to stay and nothing he himself has said has changed that view. And then he joins up with the squad and flys off to America with his team mates.

Close the thread, Lescotts staying.

If indeed Lescott wants to speak with Citeh, why doesn't Everton ask for Elano to come to Goodison either on loan or as makeweight rather than letting him skip off to Cologne or Inter on loan?

Exactly...and why send him on loan when yo could sell him? Its because they can afford to have a 75man squad and not sell anyone so they'll keep hold of players just incase they're needed.

If he really wanted to talk to City, he wouldnt have bothered getting on the plane to America. Hes came out and said he wants to stay and nothing he himself has said has changed that view. And then he joins up with the squad and flys off to America with his team mates.

Close the thread, Lescotts staying.

Everything will simmer down till he comes back from the States. The minute he hits home soil they'll be all over him like a cheap whore.

Exactly...and why send him on loan when yo could sell him? Its because they can afford to have a 75man squad and not sell anyone so they'll keep hold of players just incase they're needed.

The Daily Mail (not sure how its rated as sauce) placed Elano's valuation at 8 million - cheaper than Cana. I would prefer Elano only because I've seen more of him in action (have never seen Cana play a minute:))

For what it's worth, a Citeh pal of mine is getting some info in their forums that claim that the deal is already agreed but the announcement is being purposely delayed at Everton's request while we shop for replacements. The info is mainly from "in the know" posters but one in particular that according to my pal is a forum regular and reliable to the extent that anyone who is not on the inside can be (25-75%??).

I am not posting this as fact or to argue the validity. But I do find the concept to have merit if the deal is going through. It allows Davie to shop without the selling clubs pointing to announcement of our recently enlarged bank account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back