Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling he'll stay for another season and see how we progress.

I don't blame him for considering the offer from City, they have fantastic potential and more than anything ambition.

If I was Moyes and what your saying is true I would be busy cutting the best possible deal for Everton FC . I am confident we could get 22 - 25 million for Lescott . I really dont think he is really as that special I really dont . I am confident Bill would give an extra 5 million on top of what City would give , with that we could get ourselves a special CB .

Moyes should be exactly like Taggert is in such circumstances ie if you dont want to be here then theres the door .

I have a feeling he'll stay for another season and see how we progress.

I don't blame him for considering the offer from City, they have fantastic potential and more than anything ambition.

Nice to see you back, mate.

Personally I have a feeling that this is Joleon's big chance. If he waits a year, City won't be back and nor will any team that will pay him £90k a week or whatever it is.

I'm pretty sure this is about the money to him, which is fair enough. City have ambition, but Lescott must realise that should City get to where they expect to be, he'll be no more than a bit-part player.

Money talks.

We're yet to see a direct quote from Lescott on this.

Exactly. Until we do, I'm not going to worry too much. Whatever happens will be the best for Everton Football Club. Moyes will want him to stay but if Lescott asks to leave then it is best that he goes and we get a good price for him. No point in him staying if he doesn't want to be here. But as you say, we haven't heard him say anything yet.

Hes bound to want to go - who wouldn't on the wages they will offer?

I'll be thoroughly pissed off if we sell him right before the deadline though.

We're yet to see a direct quote from Lescott on this.

Exactly. Until we do, I'm not going to worry too much. Whatever happens will be the best for Everton Football Club. Moyes will want him to stay but if Lescott asks to leave then it is best that he goes and we get a good price for him. No point in him staying if he doesn't want to be here. But as you say, we haven't heard him say anything yet.

Lads . I'm not tryna be Billy Big Bollox , but this kid knows his shoit . He is involved in any transfers , and very rarely puts me on a bum-steer . Otherwise , I wouldn't have said it .
He also bollocked me the last time I put something on here , but , irrespective , that's what he told me , that's what I put up
Take it / leave it , as you will .

I simply dont think we would see an official quote anyway until Lescott does a book!

I don't blame a man for wanting to earn more money and secure his future. Not really.

There are plenty of players have not come to Everton because of money. There are some who have left us to earn more money.

It isn't what goes on, it's how you go about it.

If Lescott is sensible, he wont say a word publicly. He will probably at least double his money at Citeh. He just needs them to make BK an offer he wont refuse. Which will be £20M+

Well if that is the case then we need him to go as soon as possible as GOT said. We'll struggle for a worthy replacement though...

That is right. Thing is we need City to make the decent offer Bill will accept as soon as.

I mentioned this in another post. Lescott goes to City. Who do we start the season with at centre back if it is left to deadline day?

Phil could have a set back in his recovery, Yobo goes to Africa in January.

It needs to be sorted NOW, but we are waiting on the moneybags.

Simple. £30m or tell them to do one. If they leave it too late, £40m. Otherwise its a clear advantage for City - us, one of their rivals losing a key player without time to replace.

Would be good to see the club take the stance Villa did over Barry. Lescott can sulk all he wants.

Simple. £30m or tell them to do one. If they leave it too late, £40m. Otherwise its a clear advantage for City - us, one of their rivals losing a key player without time to replace.

Would be good to see the club take the stance Villa did over Barry. Lescott can sulk all he wants.

It's too simple!

Thing is that it is everybody playing games again. The club not wanting to look like the 'bad guys'.
They should realise that we (the fans) want resolution. We are realists, we know sometimes good players leave us.

Somebody send Ken an email stating Danny's plan! Then we move on.

I'd love to be in the room when Bill tells Mark Hughes "£30M or do one"!

Lads . I'm not tryna be Billy Big Bollox , but this kid knows his shoit . He is involved in any transfers , and very rarely puts me on a bum-steer . Otherwise , I wouldn't have said it .
He also bollocked me the last time I put something on here , but , irrespective , that's what he told me , that's what I put up
Take it / leave it , as you will .

Mate, I'm not doubting you or the word of your source in the sense he has a perception of what's going on (is he in the States with them by the way?). What I do know is that if Everton want shut of a player the whispers go out he's 'not focussed', 'unwilling to commit', 'being a big head'. This is classic club tactics when they want to shift a player: place the emphasis on the player himself. But there is no discussion to be had with Lescott. He's got a lengthy contract to be held to, he's not going to give anything less than 100% in a WC preparation season upcoming, and as the manager has said umpteen times 'we dont need to sell, and we wont be selling our core players'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back