Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant see him going to be fair, surprised by this as the sounds from the managers and the players were so positive and definite.

I think he will stay with it being a world cup year and all and not really a good season to be fitting into new systems, squads and clubs.

Please stop about talking ambition and Man City in the same breath. Because, they have endless resources, they suddenly are a more ambitious club than Everton? Sure enough, I can understand Lescott wanting to leave for them. Money wise, it's a golden oppertunity for him. Too say though, that City have more ambition than us, is plain wrong in my eyes.

If they weren't bought by those filthy rich Arabs, their ambition would be, to be like Everton and fight for the title of 'best of the rest' and be a European regular. Have said it many times before, but I wouldn't want to be like City, even if it meant conquering the PL and Europe. If it means, we lose Lescott to them, so be it. It for sure is better than losing your identity like City have.

Also, I'm still convinced that we will finish above City this season. Whether Lescott is playing for them, or for us.

Edit: Talking about ambition. Man Utd sold Ronaldo to Madrid. Is there anyone on here who really thinks that makes Madrid a more ambitious club than Man Utd?

Last edited:
We finished 5th 2 years in a row, yet we fail to strengthen to try to push us into the top 4. Does that scream ambition to you? Do the board seem like an ambitious one? Prepared to back the manager with quality signings?
If you think we are ambitious with this board, you are deluding yourself.

City have the money, their owner wants success. He is prepared to fund that success no matter how much it may cost. If that is not ambition? then please enlighten me as to what is?

As for Ronaldo, he wanted to leave and they got the inflated price they wanted. Ronaldo and Madrid are the ones who should be called into question, not manure, for selling a player who wanted to leave.

The reason we're not pushing on for a top four finish, is down to money, not ambition. I'm sure everyone at our board (including BK) would love to see us finishing inside the top four. If the money needed to that, isn't availlable, so be it. Hopefully that will change in the not so distant future.

As for Man Utd, selling Ronaldo for a inflated price, what would you call selling Lescott for 20-30m? That's also more than he's actually worth.

The reason we're not pushing on for a top four finish, is down to money, not ambition. I'm sure everyone at our board (including BK) would love to see us finishing inside the top four. If the money needed to that, isn't availlable, so be it. Hopefully that will change in the not so distant future.

As for Man Utd, selling Ronaldo for a inflated price, what would you call selling Lescott for 20-30m? That's also more than he's actually worth.

They have the cash to pay an inflated price, and so far Lescott has not asked to leave. You take what clubs are willing to pay, if that's between 20mil and 30mil, then that's the price. Thats not his true value though. I would say he was worth between 12mil and 15mil.
City will find as Chelsea did before them, when you make statements like they did at the start about being the richest club, and affording virtually any player. You get what you deserve, players values suddenly doubled when you want them.

They have the cash to pay an inflated price, and so far Lescott has not asked to leave. You take what clubs are willing to pay, if that's between 20mil and 30mil, then that's the price. Thats not his true value though. I would say he was worth between 12mil and 15mil.
City will find as Chelsea did before them, when you make statements like they did at the start about being the richest club, and affording virtually any player. You get what you deserve, players values suddenly doubled when you want them.

Alright, than we do agree on that at least.:D Not agreeing with you on the ambition part though. Just like every other Evertonian, I'd love us to compete at the highest possible level. The motto clearly says: "Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum" and we should live to that motto to the fullest way possible. Not at all costs though. I'd rather see Everton finish mid-table, than follow the path of Man City/Chelsea. Never sell you identity at any cost. The heart and soull of this club, is worth more than any piece of silverware we could possible buy for ourselves.

Its very tempting. For 20 million and Unoho ( or whatever his name is) would give us a centerback so we could spend 20 mil on a decent right back and montinho so maybe worth doing? But in all honesty i dont want him to go. 30 million and onouhu would maybe do it for me.

TREBLE LESCOTT PAY
ABOVE: Joleon Lescott 26th July 2009 By Paul Hetherington
MANCHESTER City are ready to TREBLE Joleon Lescott’s wages to £105,000-a-week.

That shows the scale of the problem Everton face in trying to keep their England defender.

City have already had one bid of £15million rejected by Everton, who pay Lescott, 26, £35,000-a-week.

Mark Hughes’ moneybags club are expected to increase their offer this week when they return from their pre-season tour of South Africa.

Everton manager David Moyes is desperate to keep Lescott, a central defender who can also operate effectively at left-back, but the player is likely to ask for a move if Everton don’t accept an offer from City.

The Goodison club value the tough defender with an eye for goal at £30m – as the Daily Star Sunday revealed last week.

Arsenal also like Lescott, as do North London neighbours Tottenham, who currently have three top central defenders injured – Ledley King, Jonathan Woodgate and Michael Dawson.

But no-one in the Premier League can compete with City’s financial muscle.

sunday star

If lescott does go then so be it, he's a fine player granted but the team does not revolve around one player.

Everybody thought it was near Armageddon when Rooney left for United, but we didn't fare to badly after his departure did we.

Another defeat for City today so maybe they could do with a purchase of a top defender or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back