Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lescott's value may never be higher than it is in this transfer window.... I'm not opposed to a bidding war for him to see where it leads.

I sure as heck wouldn't blame him if he could triple his wages.

I mean that's crazy money but if someone is willing to pay him that, then more power to him.

Defo, I'd be disappointed but you couldn't blame him.

Too right

He's not an evertonian, and there's no reason to reamain loyal to this club. He's given us three good years, time to move on maybe.

Still need to get more money for him first

Not for me, not this season anyway, its to close to the start of the season and would do absolutley nothing but bad to our preperations and squad. We may have had a CL place last season only for our start.

Personaly i dont care how much Lescott earns or how much he could he has a contract end of.

I dont think he will go as its a world cup year - no point jepordising that to establish yourself at a different club. if he does then i think he will live to regret it.

Not for me, not this season anyway, its to close to the start of the season and would do absolutley nothing but bad to our preperations and squad. We may have had a CL place last season only for our start.

Personaly i dont care how much Lescott earns or how much he could he has a contract end of.

I dont think he will go as its a world cup year - no point jepordising that to establish yourself at a different club. if he does then i think he will live to regret it.

I agree. But the most important reason for keeping him will be one of morale. If he goes the game is up with all this talk of building from stable foundations. The club will be seen as a shambles.

I agree. But the most important reason for keeping him will be one of morale. If he goes the game is up with all this talk of building from stable foundations. The club will be seen as a shambles.

Bit strong that dave . Letting a player go for a nice wedge after he himself says he wants to leave is not defacing the name of the club in my book .

I wouldnt say a shambles necessarily, i would have about May, but Ronaldo, Kaka, Eto, etc have proved that money and lots of it talks. Its set the tone for this window.

I would like to think we have moved on from the days of Rooney - Utd. Especially given that City are likely to be a direct rival - though i think they will be luckt to be in the top ten.

Stable foundations, spending 5 mil to make 20, getting 3 years out of a good performer...thats pretty good if you ask me.

Buy another 4 - 5m players and make 80m. In 6 years were buying Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ok, shambles might not be the right word, but it makes us look a bit two bob when other clubs can cherry pick off us like this. I see the reaction right across the Everton forums that we automatically should cave in and be 'realists' when another club (any club) comes knocking with a bag full of money. Probably goes to demonstrate how dumbed down our expectations have become when it's taken as a given we sell under any conditions - even when we dont, apparently, have to.

Ok, shambles might not be the right word, but it makes us look a bit two bob when other clubs can cherry pick off us like this. I see the reaction right across the Everton forums that we automatically should cave in and be 'realists' when another club (any club) comes knocking with a bag full of money. Probably goes to demonstrate how dumbed down our expectations have become when it's taken as a given we sell under any conditions - even when we dont, apparently, have to.

Agree with all of that mate apart from the last line. It saddens me what some Evertonians are prepared to accept for a big bag of money.
And yet we slate players for not wanting to sign for us accuseing them of having pound signs in there eyes.

Agree with all of that mate apart from the last line. It saddens me what some Evertonians are prepared to accept for a big bag of money.
And yet we slate players for not wanting to sign for us accuseing them of having pound signs in there eyes.

The Everton fanbase is just a mass of contridictions.

Think it was in the Mail that are saying Citeh hope to wrap up Terry and Lescott by the end of August.....

I effin hope not. We'd be in the [Poor language removed] big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back