Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Everton fanbase is just a mass of contridictions.

Think it was in the Mail that are saying Citeh hope to wrap up Terry and Lescott by the end of August.....

I effin hope not. We'd be in the [Poor language removed] big time.

Fair point but threads that have the theme of "if he went who would we buy" just make me cringe.

Aye mate it would, even now i think we could be up against it if clubs knew we had a bit of wedge. 5 Mill added to any player we went in for.

Hopefully its all irreelevant, cant see any good that possibly come out of him leaving if im honest.

I seen that in the papers as well which would leave us deep in crap. In addition if City do not get Terry their next target is Upson. WHU it is claimed value him at 15 mill. So any Lescott money would soon go.

Also it is said we are after a spurs RB Hutton at 7 mill which would mean we have paid for them to buy Naughton. What a F***** up board we have.

This getting so goddamned awful. All this will certainly screw our season up.

Fair point but threads that have the theme of "if he went who would we buy" just make me cringe.

Aye mate it would, even now i think we could be up against it if clubs knew we had a bit of wedge. 5 Mill added to any player we went in for.

Hopefully its all irreelevant, cant see any good that possibly come out of him leaving if im honest.

Exactly. At this stage now any defender we wnet in for to replace Lescott, their team would prick their ears up and be like "Upson/Wheater/Turner/whoever? £10-15mill please"

So over all from Lescott you made around £5million or so from him. And they use that to pay over odds for anyone else.

Think we need to be more aggressive. Give Lescott an ultimatum IF he wants to go - as in, he has to ASK to talk to Citeh, if not, we do what we want.

Same with transfers. We're effing gash at em because we fanny about. Look at Rasmus Elm...what's happened with that?

We should in and out, do things swftly so when we play Arsenal start of the season we're ready.

Dutch the heart and soul of this club will suffer immeasurably if season after season we are fighting for a mid table place and from a supermarket in Kirkby.

You are being really daft in your stance. If this club does not get decent monetary support, Moyes will leave and the club will suffer a sl;ow death over many years.

Dutch the heart and soul of this club will suffer immeasurably if season after season we are fighting for a mid table place and from a supermarket in Kirkby.

You are being really daft in your stance. If this club does not get decent monetary support, Moyes will leave and the club will suffer a sl;ow death over many years.

Think you misunderstood me. I totally agree, that we desperately need more money, if we're really to progress and to challenge the top four. I'm not against investment and would love to get the right one on board. It has to be the right one though. I think it's just silly how City's new owners are going about it.

I'd like to have an investor, who would provide the manager with a decent transferfund each season and give him time to build up the branch and work towards a Everton dynasty. That would also mean building one of the best youth departments in the world. Also don't think Moyes would need half of the money City's owners are spending to turn Everton into a real force. Best case scenario would be another blue like Bill Kenwright, but with Bill Gates kind of money. I do realise the chances of that happening are a billion to one though.

I just don't want to do it the City way though. That's all I was trying to say. I'd absolutely hate it, if we ever became like them. I'd still follow Everton if that was to ever happen, but it for sure would lose a lot of the magic for me. Spent a small fortune on a cup final ticket in May. Don't think I'd be bothered to do that, if we became a billionaires plaything. However, feel free to disagree, as it's only my opinion.

Last edited:
Is it really the owners though? I don't understand why they are getting stick to be honest.

Do you honestly believe they are making Hughes sign the likes of Nigel dejong, Craig Bellamy, Gareth Barry, Wayne Bridge, Roque Santa Cruz, Shay Given, Vincent Kompany and Shaun Wright-Phillips?

These players for me are Hughes' players, he seems to have a big say on what and who he wants and they've given him another year despite a poor season last year.

We where the Mersey millionaires once upon a time, it wouldn't be selling out, just going back to our roots.

I would glady sell my soul for success.

Is it really the owners though? I don't understand why they are getting stick to be honest.

Do you honestly believe they are making Hughes sign the likes of Nigel dejong, Craig Bellamy, Gareth Barry, Wayne Bridge, Roque Santa Cruz, Shay Given, Vincent Kompany and Shaun Wright-Phillips?

These players for me are Hughes' players, he seems to have a big say on what and who he wants and they've given him another year despite a poor season last year.

We where the Mersey millionaires once upon a time, it wouldn't be selling out, just going back to our roots.

I like Dutch, but the big man is back now, step aside.

They do provide the funds though, don't they? That they allow Hughes to spend so much cash on (with all respect) 2nd rate players, makes it even more laughable. If he doesn't deliver this season, right from kick-off, I'm sure he won't be around at christmas.

I do realise we were called the Merseyside Millionaires at one point in our history, but it was nowhere near the madness that's going on at the present days. I'm not only speaking about Man City in this case.

I know that most don't agree with me on this subject, but it's what I believe and no one will make me see otherwise.

They bid for Kaka, he laughed at them. So now they are buying players that are better then they have, they might have spent a lot of money, but they have improved the squad and they have lots of options.

Other problems will arise from this im sure, but who ever comes in after Hughes will have a good base to build from.

Yes, they are providing the funds to help push the club on. Atleast there giving Hughes a chance to prove himself, that's how it should be. It just proves there not the big, bad foreign chairman people make them out to be.

They bid for Kaka, he laughed at them. So now they are buying players that are better then they have, they might have spent a lot of money, but they have improved the squad and they have lots of options.

Other problems will arise from this im sure, but who ever comes in after Hughes will have a good base to build from.

If their Arab owners don't get fed up with their City plaything and really have a long term strategy, I'm sure they'll get it right eventually. Money can and will be buying you success in the end. Only saying, that it's not the way I'd prefer to do it at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back