Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, I'm not doubting you or the word of your source in the sense he has a perception of what's going on (is he in the States with them by the way?). What I do know is that if Everton want shut of a player the whispers go out he's 'not focussed', 'unwilling to commit', 'being a big head'. This is classic club tactics when they want to shift a player: place the emphasis on the player himself. But there is no discussion to be had with Lescott. He's got a lengthy contract to be held to, he's not going to give anything less than 100% in a WC preparation season upcoming, and as the manager has said umpteen times 'we dont need to sell, and we wont be selling our core players'.

No . mate . I swear to God he is involved though . I'm gonna stop talking about him now , though .
My point was , he's mentioned Lescott over the weeks , and told me , while he wanted to go , Moyes had put his foot down . That was an end to it .
Then , last week , when he told me about Naughton , he said it'd kicked-off pre-departure for the U.S. As we all , I assume , agree that his Agent is probably the instigation , and , returning to my point ; now he's spitting the doo-doo . As a result , our Manager is having a serious re-think .
THAT , as an out-going player , is the way to alienate yourself from our following .
Thus , if it's gonna happen . Hit 'em with £30 , take £ 25 mill . Defour in . £15m to spend .
Life will go on .

I have a feeling he'll stay for another season and see how we progress.

I don't blame him for considering the offer from City, they have fantastic potential and more than anything ambition.

We're yet to see a direct quote from Lescott on this.

Hes bound to want to go - who wouldn't on the wages they will offer?

I'll be thoroughly pissed off if we sell him right before the deadline though.

Simple. £30m or tell them to do one. If they leave it too late, £40m. Otherwise its a clear advantage for City - us, one of their rivals losing a key player without time to replace.

Would be good to see the club take the stance Villa did over Barry. Lescott can sulk all he wants.

Still not going :unsure:

My feelings.

We should release a statement.

"We can confirm that we have rejected a substantial bid from Manchester United for Joleon Lescott...."

It'll be a matter of minutes before Man City bid a billion.

Tell City to bid 100M and our debt is sorted all at once, then we could get all the player Moyes need, but we have to do it without the public know, don't want other club hold us to ransom for there player.

We should release a statement.

"We can confirm that we have rejected a substantial bid from Manchester United for Joleon Lescott...."

It'll be a matter of minutes before Man City bid a billion.

I like your thinking.

If City were to offer 20M and Richards, I'd take it tomorrow.

I know whats gonna happen,BK going to sell lescott on the last day of the transfer window that way no money will get spent on transfers,i would not put it past him.

He doesn't owe us anything.

We paid him to do a job, he done that job.

It was mutually benefitting.

As it will be if he leaves for another job.

I agree with this.

He owes us nothing, he got paid a decent amount of money, in footballer terms and he did an outstanding job, above and beyond his paygrade.

Yes we took a chance of his "dodgy knees", but hes more than repaid that faith, he had a dodgy period start of last season, but he came back stronger and he has never had a couldnt care less attitude.

I would hate to see him go, but I would fully understand, I will still hate him for leaving, but I can see his reasons. At least double the pay and whether we like it or not, the City project is an exciting 1. How far can money get you these days.

If we could show him that we are progressing, if we could get some players in of real quality, no way would he leave, I dont believe he is motivated by money, not as much as some people. I believe if we can match his ambition, he would stay.

Over to the board now really. Make him stay Bill Kenwright, Jon Woods and Robert Earl.

I was always afraid that it may get to him eventually that City are splashing money about and no doubt although illegal a level of wages has been mentioned to him.

But the timing really will f*** us up good style. We will have only one CB Yobo. Jags will not be back IMO this side of Xmas. The others who were injured well before him are not fit now for the start of the season. By the way Jags may be better than Lescott but no doubt in my mind Lescott is heaps better than Yobo.

This summer is turning real nasty.

He will leave no question. So will any player we have that has ambitions. Arteta, Pienaar, Yakubu, and Rodwell will almost certainly move on within a year or so. Why would they want to stay with a club that cant match their ambitions? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back