Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the biggest pile of crap ive ever heard mate. IF, that was the case, he would have picked up a mystery injury and would not have travelled to America.

Tell the Manc hes talking crap from me please. He needs to talk with BarlowsBoots.

I really don't want Lescott to go, he is arguably our best CB, and he's also a good LB. If we let him go we would only have Yobo as our only fit CB with experience in the club, even if Richards or Onuoha where coming they'd need time to establish some kind of chemistry with the rest of the back 4.

If Jags was healthy I honestly wouldn't be against a transfer of 12M-16M plus Richards/Onuoha (I'd prefer Richards).

lets say we get 14M plus the transfer money we already have probably 12M, we could get a top winger for 14M-18M maybe even cheaper, and use the rest on a cheap LB (maybe michael ball on a free) for cover and another up and coming CB like Turner from Hull. Our back 4 would look something like this when everyone is healthy:

Fisrt choice = ----Richards---Jags----Yobo---Baines--

Second choice = ---- Hibbert---Turner---Duffy---Ball---

Neville and Rodwell could also play in the back 4 if needed.

But even thou the back 4 would look good in the long term I don't want to see Lescott go.

Totally pointless selling Lescott. We clearly have SOME money at the moment, but we cant buy anybody. So if we sold Lescott, we would have even more money that we cant spend.

The way things are if Lescott goes, add to that the RB slot is not sorted and neither is RW we will struggle next season and will stand little chance of Europe.

The way things are if Lescott goes, add to that the RB slot is not sorted and neither is RW we will struggle next season and will stand little chance of Europe.
True, selling Lescott would only mean that we have another position where we must find a good player. Right now our rightside is our weakest point, selling Lescott would make our central defence a weak point also.

We had a fee agreed with SU, so we do have money. It might not be as much as we'd like, but we do have it. If we must sell a player, lets sell one of our benchplayers that has a position where we have a lot of other players. I wouldn't miss Anichebe much if he got sold since we have a lot of other strikers... unless Moyes is planning to turn him into a RM. He did play there last season in a few games.

True, selling Lescott would only mean that we have another position where we must find a good player. Right now our rightside is our weakest point, selling Lescott would make our central defence a weak point also.

We had a fee agreed with SU, so we do have money. It might not be as much as we'd like, but we do have it. If we must sell a player, lets sell one of our benchplayers that has a position where we have a lot of other players. I wouldn't miss Anichebe much if he got sold since we have a lot of other strikers... unless Moyes is planning to turn him into a RM. He did play there last season in a few games.

Shuddering at the thought....

We have to male the core of our team, lescott will be part part of the core. If we have any chance of breaking into the top 4 we need to get a strong core group of players and solid foundations at the back, Lescott will be part of both if he stays.

Lets hope he isn't driven crazy by crazy wages.

We have to male the core of our team, lescott will be part part of the core. If we have any chance of breaking into the top 4 we need to get a strong core group of players and solid foundations at the back, Lescott will be part of both if he stays.

Lets hope he isn't driven crazy by crazy wages.

Which one of our core players are girls???:huh::huh::huh:

Lescott whinging

My mate works at the club . I got a txt last night , about 12 , saying Jo Lescott has his heart set on money-bags f.c. Not exactly news - sorry screech- .
However , he went on to say that he's now upped-the-ante , and has gone all titty-lip and folded arms .
He may well get a move , but words of caution , for the aesthetically challenged one .
2 words . Gary Speed .

Go if you're going . If not , get your over-sized fod' down , and graft for Everton F.C.
I'd take 25 mill' tomrrow .

Always said 25m was my price as well but if he forces the issue it'll probably be 20-22m, which i'd still take. Lescott is good but Jagielka is better imo. Finding a good left sided CB to play with him will be hard though as there aren't many good ones about. That's why Lescott's price is so high

Always said 25m was my price as well but if he forces the issue it'll probably be 20-22m, which i'd still take. Lescott is good but Jagielka is better imo. Finding a good left sided CB to play with him will be hard though as there aren't many good ones about. That's why Lescott's price is so high

And his goals , Baz' . Without which , he'd be 10-12 mill' , tops . His defensive frailties , i,e. Jags wasn't there , were painfully illustrated by the big Ivory Coast geezer , May 30 . London .

Decent , and improving player . However , if he'd got injured and not Jags . I'd've still fancied us in the Final .

Well if he goes I hope it's sooner rather than later, so we have time to get a replacement in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back