Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have a Villa/Gareth Barry stance.

We have a price, they either pay it or he stays. End of story. Sick of the Evertonian stance of "well, if he wants to go we can't keep him"

We f-ing well can, the lad only just signed a contract.

We'll cave big time. There's no way we've got that sway over a player.

Its all ifs and buts, however IF Phil Jagielka wasn't injured i think we would have sold Lescott by now, but what worries me is that Jagielka as well as Yakubu and Arteta have had very bad injuries, will any of them be the same player they were? Certainly it will take time for all of them to get back to the players they were.

Signing a Senderos or a Huth and throwing them in there against Arsenal concerns me as well, who knows we might not sell him, but this injury has come about at a very strange time.

For me as the great man said, something is rotten in the state of Denmark/Everton.

Posted via Mobile Device
But Villa have mate?

Over a certain player, yeah. Barry was there for 10 years and wanted to go but he didnt hand in a transfer request. Liverpool didnt match their valuation and Villa were buying players to push them on. Also I'm sure Villa could've increased Barry's wages and probably promised him that they'd be in the Champs League next season...and they almost were for half a season till they lost their key defender and fatigue set in.

Lescott can make more money, can see we're looking like we did this time last year in the transfer window after a great season, knows Citeh are buying to aspire to get somewhere in the league. We cant really offer him anything to chance his mind apart from say he's being an arle arse leaving us in a defensive lurch.

Posted via Mobile Device
What about playing in Europe mate. Thats surely a decent lure? And the fact he's in the England set up and pretty much a guaranteed starter at Everton.
It all boils to which side of the positivity fence you sit on I reckon.
Don't forget that these posts are almost identical to the past two summers at the same stage.
Have a little bit more faith in Moyes pal, he usually gets it right.

Posted via Mobile Device
What about playing in Europe mate. Thats surely a decent lure? And the fact he's in the England set up and pretty much a guaranteed starter at Everton.
Don't forget that these posts are almost identical to the past two summers at the same stage.

If we're being honest the Europa League still doesnt mean anything. Its all Champs League now. Give it 3 years and there probably wont be a Europa League.

Lescott will know the consequences of going to Citeh...but I'm sure he wont be too bothered with £120k in the bank every week. Some players need that switch to actually come back down to earth in a season time and go "well...that wasnt really worth it" - plenty of examples of that (mostly at Spurs or have been to Chelsea).

I was all positive but we've got to face facts - without money to keep your own stars, bring in new ones, how do you move on and improve?

Its not Moyes's fault. I dont think we've been in a position where a mediocre side has spent £100million to compete (maybe Chelsea), or an underachieving side as had stability and are able to spend, around us. That's where the climate has changed.

I've always said, we're gonna find it hard to keep up with the jones' never mind 4th place. We cant afford high wages, other teams are getting richer, average players are above £7million, it builds and builds.

The only thing that keeps the team ticking is Moyes and the small squad of players willing to muck in. But if Lescott goes, I think it may just open the flood gates for other teams to use the same tactics to lure Arteta, Pienaar, Yak away unless something happens.

Posted via Mobile Device

If we believe the reports, Lescott is being offered between £40-80k more a week. I'd guess about 99% of people would chase that cash over a week or two playing football in the Europa League, mate.

Anyway, my view is that this is a golden opportunity for Moyes. It's an opportunity for him to bring in a couple of pretty decent players. For £20m, he should be able to improve the squad. After all, he is the Moyesiah isn't he? Let's see it like that instead of focusing on the negative.

Work your magic Moyesie!

Last edited:

If the media reports are to be believed (n):- I think its time to let him go, he is obviously more interested in money than being part of successful side.
And the longer this drags on the worse it will effect the teams moral.
The sad thing is he has betrayed moyes's faith in taking and injury prone championship unknown and turning him into a England international. Though no doubt he'd say he did it all himself.

If the media reports are wrong(y):- Make a statement of intent and start looking forward towards next season and winning some long overdue trophies ...FFS

COYBB !!!!!!

If we believe the reports, Lescott is being offered between £40-80k more a week. I'd guess about 99% of people would chase that cash over a week or two playing football in the Europa League, mate.

Anyway, my view is that this is a golden opportunity for Moyes. It's an opportunity for him to bring in a couple of pretty decent players. For £20m, he should be able to improve the squad. After all, he is the Moyesiah isn't he? Let's see it like that instead of focusing on the negative.

Work your magic Moyesie!

Like he'd get all £20mill. And I dont think he'd get anyone substancial in with the money and the time anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back