2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

The main difference between the two is nationality, if Nev had been English, he would have been the England GK for years.
There's other differences - ability for one. Jordan is excellent, but he's not on Nev's level at this point (and probably never will be - but you can count on a couple of hands [maybe only one] the goalkeepers who ever have been)

Ironic that people criticise him for being arrogant. I doubt too many had the same issue with Nev, in spite of his arrogance.
In terms of arrogance, I’m more concerned about the Cruyff turn (That he said he’d never do!) and the lackadaisical plays on the ball at times (aka the lazy pass to West Ham).

He is a really bright young keeper- there is no doubt about it. BUT... he is still young and has a bit to prove. Giving up 1 goal in 3 is a very good start. That penalty save was excellent and I think he is one of the better shot stoppers in the league.

Lloris has been done for drink driving this year and almost single handedly put Spurs out of the champions league, twice unnecessarily rushing off his line.

We're debating whether Pickford was too cocky after saving a penalty at 0-0, in a game we went on to win.
It’s weird. I don’t think he was arrogant for celebrating that. He looked like a child that couldn’t contain his excitement on Christmas. Nothing wrong with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back