2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should of gone for Hart, Schmeichel or someone from Burnley apparently.
Should of gone for Hart, Schmeichel or someone from Burnley apparently.

Yeah, absolutely laughable isn't it mate.
Some posters are almost obsessed in the need to slag our own players for a few short term mistakes , without looking at the bigger picture.
They all know who they are as well.
Generally conspicuous by absence !!.

After slating the lad all season for any little thing he puts after he puts in a great performance here is Davek quote we got beat let two goals in NEA .

Yeah , but does anyone really give any credibility to things posted like that from davek ?. Don't like the almost obsessive need to slag off our own players. Odd beyond belief !

He should have parried the penalty out of harms way and if he had positioned himself 2 more steps to his left he probably would have got Martials shot. The one on one with Martial he should have caught it. Drogbas near post shot should have been smothered rather than conceding a corner and Martials pile driver in the first half should have been caught and quickly thrown out to Richarlison who was in acres of space. Cost us the game today.

I am surprised this hasn't been picked up on.......or has it?
You a wum mate? I nearly fell for it.

He should have parried the penalty out of harms way and if he had positioned himself 2 more steps to his left he probably would have got Martials shot. The one on one with Martial he should have caught it. Drogbas near post shot should have been smothered rather than conceding a corner and Martials pile driver in the first half should have been caught and quickly thrown out to Richarlison who was in acres of space. Cost us the game today.

I am surprised this hasn't been picked up on.......or has it?
If he could have parried the penalty anywhere else he would have done. "Should have"? Yeah, sure.
As for the second.... yeah if he had positioned himself on his left post he would have just had to pick it up. No goalkeeper in the world, whose starting position was correct (as Pickford's position was), was going to save that shot. It happens.

Kept us in the game. Didn't cost us one bit.

Said himself he wished he'd have got more power on the parry, but if you look at the pen, it's that poor there was just no power on the ball either, so Pickford would have had to swing his arm towards it to hit it clear. Pogba got lucky.

With Lloris' form going tits up, this guy is fighting with Alisson for the 3rd best keeper in the premier league imo. He made 4 world class saves against United, I'm yet to see Alisson do that and his kicking is just as good. I hope he stays here for a long time.

De Gea is deffo off as he’s out of contract. Obviously the concern will be united coming sniffing but we are in a strong position with Pickford signing a new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back