2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd rather have a goalie with reflexes of a cat and who is great on crosses. I'm probably old fashioned, but the emphasis on having a keeper who can play with the ball at his feet is overdone for me.

They're all about the same at stopping shots. Crosses and command of area there is some variety.

Whether they can play with their feet only becomes important if you want to pass out from the back, which Southgate does.

Saw something in the news today that we would consider selling pickford in the summer. Personally I would say its a good decision to do so. Although his form has picked up massively in the last year or so, we urgently need funds to improve other areas of the pitch.

Pickford is of course an asset to us at the moment and has been very good this season. But if we could get £40 or £50 million for him then I think on a whole we could improve more important areas. Also there is always that possibility he could go through another clanger patch of games that he has on and off in the last 6 seasons or so.

In an ideal world I would keep him bit with ffp constraints we have to take a step back to go two forward.

Saw something in the news today that we would consider selling pickford in the summer. Personally I would say its a good decision to do so. Although his form has picked up massively in the last year or so, we urgently need funds to improve other areas of the pitch.

Pickford is of course an asset to us at the moment and has been very good this season. But if we could get £40 or £50 million for him then I think on a whole we could improve more important areas. Also there is always that possibility he could go through another clanger patch of games that he has on and off in the last 6 seasons or so.

In an ideal world I would keep him bit with ffp constraints we have to take a step back to go two forward.
His performance v Chelsea alone might end up saving us far more than 50mil

Status
Not open for further replies.