2023/24 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underestimated by many and by looks here too, Pickford marshals the defence well, better than most. The lad from palace at the back for England stated big part he settled quickly, down to Pickford constantly communicating and organising the entire back line. Goalkeeping and leadership are different things, they dont come as one.

Last edited:
THANK YOU! Finally ! FFS I’m getting murdered in here !
I this may have something to do with the fact that you called him “turd” a few pages back

If it’s true that Kev does have a figure against every player that he would sell at, I wonder what JP’s is?

In truth we probably wouldn’t liberate enough funds from replacing him with someone younger.

And he has been pivotal in keeping us in the league the last few seasons, so there’s that.

Yes this ! That’s all.

Yea I’m not a fan of t-Rex long punt, silly not to cash in on him and improve in other areas by sacrificing a small percentage in one.

giphy.gif

He’s been fine. I think people get sold on the spectacular saves and just ignore that shot to shot he’s nothing special. He’s weak from long range and always has been (Simons goal in the semi being an example). Not to say he should save that or should save all of them but he misses a higher percentage than most. Then he makes up for it with incredible reflexes.

Basically he’s strong in some areas and weak in others. The word for that is average. If we can sell average players and replace them for less we should be doing it.
Well if he’s average I fear he’d be replaced with complete 💩 then. Much harder than you think to find a consistent premier league keeper, and it’s probably the one position we could do without having to replace when it’s not needed. An average player that’s won us numerous points, I will take that.

This thread’s gone mad. There are sooo many positions we need to sort before even considering looking at Pickford, no matter how much cash he might raise. He’s consistent and has kept us up. You can’t say that about anyone else in the squad.

Plus, VVD. That’s given use endless fun with the bad hanks at the tin mine.

He’s been fine. I think people get sold on the spectacular saves and just ignore that shot to shot he’s nothing special. He’s weak from long range and always has been (Simons goal in the semi being an example). Not to say he should save that or should save all of them but he misses a higher percentage than most. Then he makes up for it with incredible reflexes.

Basically he’s strong in some areas and weak in others. The word for that is average. If we can sell average players and replace them for less we should be doing it.
He doesn't miss a higher percentage than most. Want to back up that claim with some actual stats?

You're trying too hard, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back