Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't think i'd have him in my top 5. Possibly even top 10 but that would take a bit more thinking.

Majorly harsh that I think. He peaked really early and was crap basically after turning 30, but still needs to at least be considered as one of the best. Won the Champions League as first choice when he was about 19, mental that.

Certainly hope not. I really want us to get some established proven players in this summer and not just exciting kids with potential. And I was glad to here koeman say we are looking at players essentially in thier prime.
Agree on that, but even with established and proven players there's always a bit of a risk in how they adapt at a certain club

What's his mentality like? He can be the best keeper in the world but if he's going to let in every shot on target at Anfield because he's rooted to the spot in fear (looking at you Joel), then he's of no use to us. I'd prefer Schmeichal just because he's won stuff and seems to have some presence about him.
no better than Robles the stats on Pickford , and Ben Foster are high because they get plenty of practice shot stopping never impressed when we played Sunderland at Goodison looked worse than Robles TBH - push the boat out for Butland imo!

Forster at Southampton has a massive physique but he doesn't seem top draw to me. Size isn't crucial. He just looks like one of the baddies in the old Christopher Reeves Superman movie.

I think this would be decent signing the only player in the Sunderland team that can say he tried all season well him and an aging Defoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back