Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford isn't a tall, commanding guy. Wish he was. Wish he was more athletic. But he is a significant upgrade over what we've got now.

Joel is tall and fairly athletic, but he's kind of a moron back there. His distribution is also a complete joke. Pickford is about as good as it gets in that department. His reactions seem quick to me, he's definitely tough to beat, but he's not going to leap over everyone on a set piece or anything.

Which is why a commanding CB is even more necessary.

All time keepers that you've seen Ijj?

Oliver Kahn has to be up there!

Southall
Van Der Sar
Schmeichel
Mucha
Neuer
Peruzzi
Buffon
Wessels
Cech in his Chelsea days
Caught the end of Shilton and you could tell how good he was

Feel like i've defo missed some obvious ones off there. Even thought about Seaman but he did have a major flaw! Even the likes of Toldo and Zubizaretta could go in.

Then there's those way before my time like Banks, Yashin, Zoff and so on.

Cassilas may sneak in at 11.

Is he better than robles and Stek?

If the answer is yes then not arsed, perhaps a keeper who doesn't drop a clanger every time we play a team higher than us would be a nice thing to have (spurs, chelsea, united to name a few)

is the northern echo a trusted paper @Sunderland afc @Albertini78 and what's the talk amongst the fans regarding us being favourites to sign him?

The Northern Echo to me is not a paper to print idle gossip (like Liverpool Echo) and seem to have reporters with close contacts within the local NE clubs. So I would take its as reliable information but like any transfer involving Everton I'd only believe it when I see a player standing in front of that blue wall.

Yes to Pickford from me. Have the same concerns about relegated goalkeepers looking good, but - he's certainly at least a 'good' keeper in terms of making saves etc, and could well go on to be excellent, but his distribution and passing are absolutely outrageous, and that has nothing to do with how many shots he's faced. It adds a whole new offensive weapon to the toolbox, as well as helping defensively by relieving pressure on the defence.

Plus he's young, English, and seems like a good kid.

The Northern Echo to me is not a paper to print idle gossip (like Liverpool Echo) and seem to have reporters with close contacts within the local NE clubs. So I would take its as reliable information but like any transfer involving Everton I'd only believe it when I see a player standing in front of that blue wall.
I used to work for The Northern Echo. They're a decent lot. This won't be a story plucked out of thin air.

Yeah, most the NE papers have fairly reliable info from the clubs. This will probably happen I reckon. WRD said Schmeichel mind so not sure what's going on here. Maybe buy and loan back? Sunderland are in all sorts of problems financially

I'd be fuming if we bought him and loaned him back out lol unless we had someone even better lined up for the number 1 spot, but I couldn't see us spending 20m on a keeper to loan him back out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back