Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK.

Mata wants to stay at Man Utd and be part of the 'project' there. Mourinho has already had two meetings with him. Mourinho doesn't want him and wants to consider offers from abroad. They've had two offers from Spain, one being for a season long loan but Mourinho wants a permanent tranfer for him. They've also had TWO English clubs approach them, one of them being us - he doesn't know the other club.

Do I believe this? No. But please don't shoot the messenger. ;)
I think the club wanting him on loan may be Valencia. Some people reported that Barca were interested which may be the case if they see him as a cost effective replacement for Turan.

No idea who the other English club may be.

Maybe what Mata is deciding is at this point in his career with the World Cup 2 years away is it better to sit on Barca's bench or play a leading role with us.

Who told you all this mate? You say friend, but how would your friend know anything?
My friend knows someone who works at Carrington. I have also met this guy once so know he is legitimate and not just some bloke who makes the tea.

I have just what's Apped my mate for any possible update.

I think this is an adept post. Football fans are all or nothing, we've seen it with Moyes and likely will with Martinez too. Martinez's management of off field affairs was very good. Bizarrely I think he'd make a very good DOF. The way he spoke of the club, his ideas for training ground redevelopment and his appointment and support of David Unsworth are big plus points. He also left us with a younger squad than he inherited and probably one that is potentially more talented though is more unbalanced.

Lads like Browning, Garbutt, Galloway and to a lesser degree Barkley & Stones all came to prominence under him. The first 3 names wouldn't be in contention for the first team squad had it not been for him and it is doubtful Barkley and Stones would have got the game time. Transfers wise Besic is talented, Robles has done ok and Lukaku we will make a big profit on if we were to sell him. I think Mori will come good as well. Deulofeu is also talented. Niasse and Kone were a bit of a miss.

His big issue was on the field. Not only could he not get the best out of them but towards the end he just looked clueless how to set a side up in the premier league. He was a dreamer who worried about big ideas and lost site of the nitty gritty stuff.

I think it's a stretch to say Witsel/Mata etc are interested because of him, I think that is mainly down to Moshiri. However I think he has left the manager with a good number of players who could step up to the first team and some lads in their early 20's who have great experience.
I absolutely agree about the role of DOF.
He was born for the job and would have been excellent at it. He just doesn't seem to comprehend the discipline that you need to have in a team to get results and football is a results business.
I remember at the time of his sacking say what you are saying now, at the time tempers were running so high it couldn't happen, but with the passage of time...I wonder.
If, for instance David Moyes had not left and was still at Everton, or if a different manager had been appointed, I wonder where Davies, Pennington, Connolly,Dowell , Walsh and others would be in their career. We probably would not have signed Galloway.

A good ambassador for the club, potentially a good, dof, just not a good manager.

Ok he has What's Apped me.

Mata's agent is in lengthy talks with 2 clubs. Mata prefers a Premier League move but at this moment in time neither club has offered the money Man Utd expect.

I asked if we are involved and he doesn't know.

I hope he doesn't read this forum because he has made me promise not to go blabbing about this.

So, you have a friend, who has a friend who works at Man United's training place?

Right.
Correct. Like I have said before, I don't care if you believe me - the world will keep turning.

But a few lads here have asked me to post any news I hear so I will from now on.

Put me on ignore if you think I am making it all up :)

OK.

Mata wants to stay at Man Utd and be part of the 'project' there. Mourinho has already had two meetings with him. Mourinho doesn't want him and wants to consider offers from abroad. They've had two offers from Spain, one being for a season long loan but Mourinho wants a permanent tranfer for him. They've also had TWO English clubs approach them, one of them being us - he doesn't know the other club.

Do I believe this? No. But please don't shoot the messenger. ;)
It sounds like a very reasonable scenario. Any manager would prefer that a player he is selling would move well away, less chance they will come back and embarrass you. However, money talks and if the best deal is from Everton and the player wants to come, then it will happen.

Mata's agent is in lengthy talks with 2 clubs. Mata prefers a Premier League move but at this moment in time neither club has offered the money Man Utd expect.

I hope he doesn't read this forum because he has made me promise not to go blabbing about this.

How very trusting of him to confide in you...Make sure you don't betray that trust!

So your mate got in touch with his mate and then got back to you within the space of 10 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back