Transfer Rumour Kalvin Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well neither does Phillips so I don't really understand the point.
The point is the current options we have are nowhere near the standard for the same position at city and never in a million years would have been selected to be an option there in the first place. Add to the fact the position at Everton demands far less than at Man Cit. Would you have had an issue id we d signed him from Leeds?

The point is the current options we have are nowhere near the standard for the same position at city and never in a million years would have been selected to be an option there in the first place. Add to the fact the position at Everton demands far less than at Man Cit. Would you have had an issue id we d signed him from Leeds?

Well no, but he's not the same player he was at Leeds is he? And he hasn't been for 2 whole years now.

Well no, but he's not the same player he was at Leeds is he? And he hasn't been for 2 whole years now.
Think time will tell on that given he’s barely played any football. Guess that’s why it would be a loan deal for a club that hasn’t got money to burn. Can totally see the logic for spending the money on areas that are more critical to the current managers set up.

If this happens, I think it will be late in the window, whoever he goes to. Him and city aparantly want a permanent move. I can't see any club taking a risk with that. They will want a loan as a try before you buy.

City and player will have to relent, and city will have to accept a low loan fee and pay most of his wages or be stuck with him. If we want him, we will have to be prepared to play the long game and hope no more of our midfielders fall apart!

Would Philips not already have won more silverware than Gareth Barry ever did ?

If we're counting him winning silverware after making 6 starts for the club in his career, I guess.

Barry was a regular starter on a PL champion a year before he joined Everton. Never sat for long stretches anywhere he played, certainly didn't have an failed loan spells where his fitness was called into question.

They're not even close to accomplishment or ability.

If we're counting him winning silverware after making 6 starts for the club in his career, I guess.

Barry was a regular starter on a PL champion a year before he joined Everton. Never sat for long stretches anywhere he played, certainly didn't have an failed loan spells where his fitness was called into question.

They're not even close to accomplishment or ability.

Would he make the City team now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back