Transfer Rumour Kalvin Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am torn on Phillips. Leeds....he was the best player and rightly so. He earned himself a deserved move to City....he was OK at City but not a main man so didn't get much play time. West Ham.....looked like a player that hadn't played much (which he hadn't). looked a yard off due to lack of playing time. He could turn out to be great for us given game time or be useless....we just don't know.......what we do know he is not Man City level but if we get him near Leeds level then we have a good player. When he played for England he was not spectacular but he did his job and was not out of place.

He could be a Godsend yet he may of lost his appetite we just don't know....so some kind of loan would be decent

I am torn on Phillips. Leeds....he was the best player and rightly so. He earned himself a deserved move to City....he was OK at City but not a main man so didn't get much play time. West Ham.....looked like a player that hadn't played much (which he hadn't). looked a yard off due to lack of playing time. He could turn out to be great for us given game time or be useless....we just don't know.......what we do know he is not Man City level but if we get him near Leeds level then we have a good player. When he played for England he was not spectacular but he did his job and was not out of place.

He could be a Godsend yet he may of lost his appetite we just don't know....so some kind of loan would be decent
Anyone, especially in the engine room for a Beilsabub managed team is a RSI crock about to happen.

You would need the double medical and then a double Dyche medical before you let him anyway near our bench.

Maybe it's a mental thing, he decided he was too talented to make much effort and dropped off? Maybe Dyche is the motivator he needs.

Or maybe not

He could turn out to be great for us given game time or be useless....we just don't know.
Oh I think we know. There's a very good reason Everton have been fighting relegation battles.
We sign players with the potential to be great but they turn out to be useless.

I am once again pleading for someone to tell me where this characterisation of Dyche as a master motivator of lost souls has come from.
I think it comes from his Burnley team which fought against the odds with very little of stars.

I think Dyche would like Phillips because he is a water barrier of sorts which appeals to his low block style of play.

I just think we can find a cheaper alternative who would cost 1/3 of the price

The last two seasons.

Think about it...
Of the many, many, many crap players at the club when he came in, which of them has he improved through coaching?

Myko is probably the closest, although I’d argue we’ve just alleviated him of his attacking duties which has lessened his scope for crapness, as opposed to Dyche making him a better player.

I’m not arguing that Dyche hasn’t done what’s required to keep us safe, and with a bit to spare, but this idea of him as a manager who can resurrect Dele and Phillips is just very weird to me.

I think it comes from his Burnley team which fought against the odds with very little of stars.

I think Dyche would like Phillips because he is a water barrier of sorts which appeals to his low block style of play.

I just think we can find a cheaper alternative who would cost 1/3 of the price
We don't know how cheap (or expensive) he is though do we mate. That depends on the loan payment , and the salary contribution that Kev agrees with City.
I agree that Dyche would love him as his style of player ( albeit a bit classier and a better ball distributer than he has had before).

I would be absolutely made up if we got Phillips on loan. Another centre mid has to be right up there in our priority list, and Phillips has the experience and the qualities that we need. Obviously hoping that his wage demands aren't too extortionate, but that apart I think it could be a great coup if we can pull it off,

Maybe it's a mental thing, he decided he was too talented to make much effort and dropped off? Maybe Dyche is the motivator he needs.

Or maybe not

Flash forward to a drizzly December afternoon.

Phillips, fresh off of his first appearance for the the Under 23's, is running down a country road in the middle of no where.

Only company he has is Dyche leaning out the passenger window of a transit van.

"Lift those legs Kalvin!!" Dyche cries before slapping Phillips in the back of the head.

Phillips feels a tear begin to form, but he suppresses it. He thinks back to the glory days of summer, watching Southgate say the England team misses him. He soldiers on. Everton have scored 5 goals in their previous 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back