Transfer Rumour Kalvin Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, nothing against Dyche (I think he did very well last year), but I see the improvement more down to him making us more organised, disciplined, and hard to beat, creating a solid base to pick up points from, as opposed to turning around anyone's career. I'm sure players do appreciate the personal touch someone else mentioned, but not sure we've seen any results of that on the pitch.
100%

That’s not to say he’s incapable, but the confidence about him resurrecting Phillips’s career seems misplaced to me.

Phillips isn't the right stepping stone to get there though.

We haven't managed to replace Gana (except with himself) yet. If Philips can play that role, help take the weight off to prolong Gana's career with us then it's less of a gamble than trying to get a someone who is untried and untested in this league.

His wages are a lot but for once we are the ones not getting shafted having to supplement outgoing players. If it doesn't work he goes back and we haven't spent a fortune. If it works perhaps another loan with an option to buy. It's all in our favour.

We haven't managed to replace Gana (except with himself) yet. If Philips can play that role, help take the weight off to prolong Gana's career with us then it's less of a gamble than trying to get a someone who is untried and untested in this league.

His wages are a lot but for once we are the ones not getting shafted having to supplement outgoing players. If it doesn't work he goes back and we haven't spent a fortune. If it works perhaps another loan with an option to buy. It's all in our favour.
If we do go down that route, there is little or no resale value at the end of it.

At the end of the day if that's all we can get
then it's better than nothing.

Our options at the moment are Gana, Garner, Tim and possibly Doucoure or Lindstrom.
Then we are into the under 23's Metcalfe, Armstrong etc.

There must be better value elsewhere, rather than handing City a blank cheque ?

I’d rather take the chance on someone new to the PL than on a player who needs his career resurrecting .
He was unimpressive for Wham , I doubt he’d be any better here.

I personally think he will be a good signing. His confidence is very low, and if we can give him a chance and the support he obviously needs, I think he can become good again.
Are Everton becoming councillors for mentally ill footballers...I think we should swerve phillips. See if the effort and nurturing comes good with Deli first before taking on someone with another set of mental struggles and seems unable to cope with the demands of top flight football.

Of the many, many, many crap players at the club when he came in, which of them has he improved through coaching?

Myko is probably the closest, although I’d argue we’ve just alleviated him of his attacking duties which has lessened his scope for crapness, as opposed to Dyche making him a better player.

I’m not arguing that Dyche hasn’t done what’s required to keep us safe, and with a bit to spare, but this idea of him as a manager who can resurrect Dele and Phillips is just very weird to me.
That was my point...

This is what you said: '...I am once again pleading for someone to tell me where this characterisation of Dyche as a master motivator of lost souls has come from...' To save the junk of a team from relegation twice, the second time with points deduction, means there's something about him that has saved this club from oblivion...

That was my point...

This is what you said: '...I am once again pleading for someone to tell me where this characterisation of Dyche as a master motivator of lost souls has come from...' To save the junk of a team from relegation twice, the second time with points deduction, means there's something about him that has saved this club from oblivion...
He’s coached the squad to play effective football, to achieve our goals, absolutely. Are there any individuals in the squad that were out of the picture or in awful form, who you would say he’s turned around the fortunes of, since he arrived?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.