Transfer Rumour Kalvin Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that depends what you choose to class as a cast off there are lots that would be seen that way that have worked out if we choose to include them but people decide not to make a point.
I think it's more the point to prove types we seem to gravitate to that have failed more . The cast off have a better ratio in general but most of the point to prove players have been busted flushes.

Basically, he's not great in very tight spaces, but he's good with all the pitch in front of him.
Need to be comfortable in tight spaces in Pep's team when 8 team mates are suffocating 11 opposition in their own box
Would suit Dycheball though
I do recall he was good for the long diagonal passes for Leeds
Can he fet dychefit and chew drill bits though?

I think it's more the point to prove types we seem to gravitate to that have failed more . The cast off have a better ratio in general but most of the point to prove players have been busted flushes.
Having a point to prove is just a label attached by us though isn’t it it’s not a real thing. People decide who did and didn’t have a point to prove after the event usually depending on what they want the story to be.

Having a point to prove is just a label attached by us though isn’t it it’s not a real thing. People decide who did and didn’t have a point to prove after the event usually depending on what they want the story to be.
No not really, if a player is deemed not good enough they need to prove they are somewhere, Everton being a common destination .

Interesting reading Peps analysis.

Manager Pep Guardiola explained why he played there during the tour but admitted: “I do not know what is going to happen with his situation.”

He said on July 31: “He was really good for the problems we had. I know Kalvin when he gets the ball and can see all the pitch in front of him he's a really good player. When he has the small spaces there are more problems.

"That's why, with the problems we have, he makes an incredible effort with his position. He was confident with the ball and helps us a lot. I'm really pleased with his performance.

"When we have all our central defenders, we have a lot of central defenders. That's why it's not his position. We will see. Now he's helping us and it's good for us.”

Spent £50mill on a player and pay him £150k a week just to go "Naaaaah" in pre season and use a Centre Back in midfield instead.

But City can do that. Everyone else panic about book value and PSR

No not really, if a player is deemed not good enough they need to prove they are somewhere, Everton being a common destination .
But that’s exactly what I mean loads of players have been seen as not good enough somewhere but then come here and done well it doesn’t make any sense what you’re saying.

We have lions?
Why dont we play them ffs
IMG_2600.jpeg
I’m guessing they’re not dyche fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.