Transfer Rumour Kalvin Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's rarely worked out, we usually take our cast offs from the top 4 and it's usually a disaster. If you can't understand what I'm saying I'm worried lol
Well no I don’t really understand because you’re swapping between saying cast offs and people with a point to prove and I don’t understand what the difference is but you’re not telling me! Cast offs includes garner lukaku barry Howard Neville Saha Iwobi and they haven’t been disasters so I don’t see what the difference is between them and people who have a point to prove but you’re saying there is one so what is it?

It's rarely worked out, we usually take our cast offs from the top 4 and it's usually a disaster. If you can't understand what I'm saying I'm worried lol

There have been the Richard Wrights and Tom Cleverleys (TC wasn’t awful tbf) but we’ve had some very good players come to the club from top 4 sides and done extremely well.

Bit extreme to say it’s usually a disaster.

I found this, Transfers In from 2000.

2000.jpg

Well no I don’t really understand because you’re swapping between saying cast offs and people with a point to prove and I don’t understand what the difference is but you’re not telling me! Cast offs includes garner lukaku barry Howard Neville Saha Iwobi and they haven’t been disasters so I don’t see what the difference is between them and people who have a point to prove but you’re saying there is one so what is it?
I’m not sure many of them are cast offs, garner, lukaku both 21, Barry was a massive part of city he was just 33 and city were moving him on, Iwobi was 23 and the season before we bought him he played 35 league games for arsenal, we just offered them a fee they think they couldn’t turn down.
But
Saha and Howard the 2 you could label as cast offs, Saha was a talent but was very injury prone, he came on a free so worth a cheap punt because of his talent. Howard I wasn’t a great fan off, but we got 10yrs out of him, so not bad for a cast off.

Think you’ve had a mare mate

I just don't think we can take a chance here. City will want a decent loan fee and expect us to pay a fair whack of his massive wages. Whilst he undoubtedly was a very good player at Leeds, he hasn't pulled up any trees at City or West Ham. It's a no from me, given our finances.

I’m not sure many of them are cast offs, garner, lukaku both 21, Barry was a massive part of city he was just 33 and city were moving him on, Iwobi was 23 and the season before we bought him he played 35 league games for arsenal, we just offered them a fee they think they couldn’t turn down.
But
Saha and Howard the 2 you could label as cast offs, Saha was a talent but was very injury prone, he came on a free so worth a cheap punt because of his talent. Howard I wasn’t a great fan off, but we got 10yrs out of him, so not bad for a cast off.

Think you’ve had a mare mate
Well if you think I’ve had a mare I must be doing something right because I’ve never seen you write anything that makes any sense.

I would on balance give this one a swerve. The injury record is poor, the form at West ham was poor. While there is a chance he could recapture his Leeds form I would suggest it's too risky and we would be better off looking elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.