Transfer Rumour Kalvin Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last post you’ve just replied to, you tit
Well thats another one I don't understand! Look what I'm trying to say is normally people say we DO want players with a point to prove but this post was saying we DON'T want players with a point to prove but I don't follow the thinking at all and nobody seems to be able to explain it like you seem to think players who've never made the grade at a club aren't cast offs and players who were once in the team but now aren't also aren't cast offs so who counts if thats the case? Thats what I was saying to start with its one of them things where you can just change the definition of it to suit the point you're trying to make it isn't actually a real thing.

There have been the Richard Wrights and Tom Cleverleys (TC wasn’t awful tbf) but we’ve had some very good players come to the club from top 4 sides and done extremely well.

Bit extreme to say it’s usually a disaster.
But for every Barry there's a Gibson, schniederlin etc it doesn't work as much as our blue glasses think. I personally feel we should stop doing it

Well no I don’t really understand because you’re swapping between saying cast offs and people with a point to prove and I don’t understand what the difference is but you’re not telling me! Cast offs includes garner lukaku barry Howard Neville Saha Iwobi and they haven’t been disasters so I don’t see what the difference is between them and people who have a point to prove but you’re saying there is one so what is it?
I'm not they go hand in hand usually, if your succes list includes garner, iwobi , Howard , saha and neville then it says it all really . Howard and neville ok we got our worth . Garner who knows . Saha and iwobi shouldn't have been signed really .

Lukaku and Barry absolutely I agree.

No I said they usually do have a point to prove , that my initial discussion lol. I'm not confused here.

I found this, Transfers In from 2000.

View attachment 268196

So ye the top 8 are bigger clubs unwanted players , for premium prices. Some of the names will be scary. Top scouts.

I'm not they go hand in hand usually, if your succes list includes garner, iwobi , Howard , saha and neville then it says it all really . Howard and neville ok we got our worth . Garner who knows . Saha and iwobi shouldn't have been signed really .

Lukaku and Barry absolutely I agree.

No I said they usually do have a point to prove , that my initial discussion lol. I'm not confused here.
Who said anything about successes you must be confused if you think it was me because I said nothing like it. Saha Iwobi Garner Neville and Howard could not be called a disaster by any reasonable metric and that was what you said in the first place. It doesn't mean they were amazing but they weren't a disaster at all. You also said that it wasn't just cast offs it was people with a point to prove who we were particularly bad with which is very ironic because you seem totally unable to offer anything at all to prove your point.

If Phillips joins, and we pay his full wage, we know Moshiri/Usmanov are 100% back baby! He is exactly the type of signing that got us into this mess.

Sign 1 or 2 promising young players for the amount of wages we would have spent on him. Find a different CM with experience to loan that will be 30% of his wages.

And yet they have spent less than Utd
It also changed the top of the table landscape
Imagine another 20 years of Utd dominating, every year buying the top player from a rival and the most talented youngster
No thanks

They haven't though. To get where they are today they spent near £3billion since 2008. Chelsea just pip them.

The point being is that after years of spending you do get to the point of once you've built your ultimate team, you can flip players for profit cos you spent a load to get there. So the landscape changes. Regardless of year cycles and net spend, the knock on effect always trickles down to a point where to compete in the top 8-10 a clubs needs to spend close to a billion itself.

United wouldn't have dominated due mismanagement since Fergie left. And they became rich by being successful when the money came in, not the other way round.

They haven't though. To get where they are today they spent near £3billion since 2008. Chelsea just pip them.

The point being is that after years of spending you do get to the point of once you've built your ultimate team, you can flip players for profit cos you spent a load to get there. So the landscape changes. Regardless of year cycles and net spend, the knock on effect always trickles down to a point where to compete in the top 8-10 a clubs needs to spend close to a billion itself.

United wouldn't have dominated due mismanagement since Fergie left. And they became rich by being successful when the money came in, not the other way round.
It's irrelevant though. A few years of pushing back against the rules versus a decade of having a lower net spend. Utd were at the top and now they are not which shows that despite having massive wealth, earned but also taking advantage of their position (tapping up players etc), they should've been able to keep finding players and flipping them like as you say City could, but they haven't.
I like watching City play and they now spend less yearly than the likes of Utd, so I don't care about the overlap in pre-rules and post rules. Those rules are designed purely to benefit the shirt sale clubs and that annoys me far more than City not playing their game for a few years and then playing a better game within the rules.
I hope they drag out the charges long term and we continue to see Mark goldbridge's head fall off everytime they do good business, or everytime a lower club is no longer bullied by utd

It's irrelevant though. A few years of pushing back against the rules versus a decade of having a lower net spend. Utd were at the top and now they are not which shows that despite having massive wealth, earned but also taking advantage of their position (tapping up players etc), they should've been able to keep finding players and flipping them like as you say City could, but they haven't.
I like watching City play and they now spend less yearly than the likes of Utd, so I don't care about the overlap in pre-rules and post rules. Those rules are designed purely to benefit the shirt sale clubs and that annoys me far more than City not playing their game for a few years and then playing a better game within the rules.
I hope they drag out the charges long term and we continue to see Mark goldbridge's head fall off everytime they do good business, or everytime a lower club is no longer bullied by utd

United's downfall is there own doing. But they haven't cheated to reach the top and then throw it away.

The point still remains that City flouted rules to get to the position of being a "well ran club". The knock on effect rippled on the entire league financially.

I mean, we're the worst ran club in the country. But I'm pretty sure we'd look "well ran" if we'd got champs league football or a trophy under Moshiri's reign

Who said anything about successes you must be confused if you think it was me because I said nothing like it. Saha Iwobi Garner Neville and Howard could not be called a disaster by any reasonable metric and that was what you said in the first place. It doesn't mean they were amazing but they weren't a disaster at all. You also said that it wasn't just cast offs it was people with a point to prove who we were particularly bad with which is very ironic because you seem totally unable to offer anything at all to prove your point.
You did lol , if it's not a failure it's a success . Iwobi was a disaster. Saha was clearly finished and garner remains to be seen . Neville and Howard had their upwell but better scouting could have gotten us better players for the same outlay. Oh I think of many players I'd be here all day it proves itself.

You did lol , if it's not a failure it's a success . Iwobi was a disaster. Saha was clearly finished and garner remains to be seen . Neville and Howard had their upwell but better scouting could have gotten us better players for the same outlay. Oh I think of many players I'd be here all day it proves itself.
Ok mate you’re talking nonsense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.