Kenwright leaving rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
As nice as the community stuff is, it isn't as important to me as us being a successful football club I'm afraid.

Couldn't agree more. Our community work is incredible but if you asked any of the current top 6 clubs whether winning trophies on the field or awards at community functions was more important I think we all know what the answer will be. They are probably sneering at us saying "...yeah well done Everton for your latest community award, move out the way whilst we pick up another FA Cup or PL title but keep up the good work." EFC's work locally is fantastic but it should never be used to cover up for a lack of success on the pitch. First and foremost we are one of the biggest, best supported football clubs in the land and should always strive to win trophies, not just make up the numbers.

I think Bill Kenwright is more popular with Evertonians than a site like this would suggest.
I don't think this sight is in any way reflective of the opinion of the majority of Everton supporters.....I think the large crowds and lack of animosity to Bill Kenwright and others prove that.

Based on the posts of some on this site, there would be a crowd of no more than a few hundred at Goodison and most of those with sniper rifles to take out Moshiri, Bill, Elstone and most of the players except possibly Coleman and maybe Pickford.

Yeah, to the majority in Goodison he's still, bizarrely, seen as some kind of God like figure.

Only he could have got away with trying to move us outside of our own city and into a £78m off the shelf shed.

I think Bill Kenwright is more popular with Evertonians than a site like this would suggest.
I don't think this sight is in any way reflective of the opinion of the majority of Everton supporters.....I think the large crowds and lack of animosity to Bill Kenwright and others prove that.

Based on the posts of some on this site, there would be a crowd of no more than a few hundred at Goodison and most of those with sniper rifles to take out Moshiri, Bill, Elstone and most of the players except possibly Coleman and maybe Pickford.
A few hundred you’re way off the mark there. I would guess it’s more of the older generation who support him, who aren’t on twitter or Internet forums. They just read the Echo everyday and we all know how they portray Kenwright.

And putting moshiri’s name into the mix with kenwright and elstone’s says it all. Like you’re trying to include him for the last 20yrs of failure. He’s done more in 2yrs than the biggest Evertonian has done in 20.

A few hundred you’re way off the mark there. I would guess it’s more of the older generation who support him, who aren’t on twitter or Internet forums. They just read the Echo everyday and we all know how they portray Kenwright.

And putting moshiri’s name into the mix with kenwright and elstone’s says it all. Like you’re trying to include him for the last 20yrs of failure. He’s done more in 2yrs than the biggest Evertonian has done in 20.
Surely those things cancel each other out though? The Echo portrays him favourably while twitter and forums portray him negatively. Neither of them are exactly balanced and informed.

I'm no Kenwright lover but it makes me laugh when some people loudly proclaim him to be the antichrist and then have absolutely nothing to back it up with when you question them on it. To me he's just not a great businessman, and he's made some questionable decisions so I think it's time he moves on (and have done for some time), but I can't hate a bloke who I think has tried to do his best but ultimately been found wanting.

That's kind of my point though mate. Kenwright believes he's very popular, so there's no way he thinks to leak a story suggesting he's leaving thinking that will drive up sales.

Surely those things cancel each other out though? The Echo portrays him favourably while twitter and forums portray him negatively. Neither of them are exactly balanced and informed.

I'm no Kenwright lover but it makes me laugh when some people loudly proclaim him to be the antichrist and then have absolutely nothing to back it up with when you question them on it. To me he's just not a great businessman, and he's made some questionable decisions so I think it's time he moves on (and have done for some time), but I can't hate a bloke who I think has tried to do his best but ultimately been found wanting.
All about opinions.
But it also make me laugh
when people say a few questionable decisions ha ha
Are you for real.

You missed the point of the post completely.

Is it only the older generation that go to the games at Goodison ? Where is the animosity towards him on match day ?
I will be at the game on Saturday, as long as the pilot stays healthy, how much unrest will I be aware of at the ground or how much abuse will be hurled at Bill Kenwright in spite of the poor season we are having and in spite of the last result ?

Surely a full Goodison park is the best barometer of the feelings of Evertonians. It is very easy to be loud and critical on the internet when nobody sees your face or has a clue who you are( not talking about you here btw).

I remember Everton when Bill took over the club... it was a complete basket case then. Bill has been guilty of not being rich enough to drive the club forward as we would have liked but I appreciate what he has done for the club, I don't begrudge him whatever he has made out of it and I hope that Moshiri is as committed to the club as Kenwright has for the last couple of decades.

Moshiri seems to have the resources and the connections to push our club really forward, but , he has made mistakes as well . Only time will tell the impact he leaves on the club.

Kenwright will be remembered by me and many others as the man who stopped the Kings Dock happening. That then shackled us to Philip Green who was the de facto decision maker at the club on financial affairs, a man who had no interest in anything other than fiercely protecting the loans he'd made to the club. That state of affairs lasted for well over a decade, and we've never recovered from that body blow. It was the selfish act of a man who I dont doubt is a massive Evertonian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back