Kenwright leaving rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far too long.

I do see the good he has done for the club though, the community aspect mainly and no matter what, I would like a supporter of the club on the board.

Since Moshiri has arrived (and I am not having a go at him here either...) we have hardly gone from strength to strength have way? Awful decisions all over the place.

I support Everton because I like what we are. A club which is deep rooted into the community. Obviously some success to go along with that would be nice but I don't really want it to come as part of us turning into some ugly corporate conglomerate monstrosity either. Kenwright is a lot of things but he does care about the club.
If Kenwright cared about the club, he would have stepped aside so we could have been in this:

kings-dock.jpg

Alas, he never and hence we're in the most barren run of our entire history. The man needs booting out the door and has done for years.

Cancer to the club.

The issue with young/old is that the young don't know how bad it was under the latter years of Moores Family (because the inheritors were Kopites) and Peter Johnson. If they had been around then they would understand the forgiveness shown to Kenwright of his tenure.

And old folks do go on Fora, the main difference is they have their own opinions and are not easily swayed by irrational hatred of a bloke who has done his best - probably not as good as he or the fans wanted - but the very best he could do. We could all learn a lesson in that.

If Kenwright cared about the club, he would have stepped aside so we could have been in this:

kings-dock.jpg

Alas, he never and hence we're in the most barren run of our entire history. The man needs booting out the door and has done for years.

Cancer to the club.
This can’t be true, he’s only made SOME questionable decisions over the 20yrs. @Lanolin

The issue with young/old is that the young don't know how bad it was under the latter years of Moores Family (because the inheritors were Kopites) and Peter Johnson. If they had been around then they would understand the forgiveness shown to Kenwright of his tenure.

And old folks do go on Fora, the main difference is they have their own opinions and are not easily swayed by irrational hatred of a bloke who has done his best - probably not as good as he or the fans wanted - but the very best he could do. We could all learn a lesson in that.
My Dad and uncles detest Kenwright and have done for many years.

The ‘young’ have seen nothing. I’ll hold the man who has been chairman and owner throughout that period as responsible.

Elstone belongs at some nextman rugby union club.

Years of him telling us how they are waiting on a wealthy benefactor to hand over a stadium free of charge, bagging the mayor in public etc. his entire strategy was hopeless.

Mosh turns up, stadium gets built and he’ll be leveraging his entire career on that.
Way out of his depth and should have gone day 1 of the new investment.
Isn't the rumour that he is in for a high level job at the rugby union or something?

I don't have any strong opinions or dislike of Bill on a personal level, why would I. From the little I know, he does seem to be capable of acts of great kindness and generosity of spirit towards fans and the community, and whilst he may not seek praise for that, he should receive credit when due.

That said, I'll be pleased the day he and Elstone leave. I think they have both become symbols of interia and lack of reform at the club, and even if both of them have less input that they used to, their presence is only serving to muddy the waters even further now at a time when we need clear and decisive leadership from the top-down more than ever.

The Chairmans role has largely become redundant in the modern game and with a CEO like Elstone, it's little wonder that we continue to lag behind our peers to such a significant extent. They should both go together.

I don't have any strong opinions or dislike of Bill on a personal level, why would I. From the little I know, he does seem to be capable of acts of great kindness and generosity of spirit towards fans and the community, and whilst he may not seek praise for that, he should receive credit when due.

That said, I'll be pleased the day he and Elstone leave. I think they have both become symbols of interia and lack of reform at the club, and even if both of them have less input that they used to, their presence is only serving to muddy the waters even further now at a time when we need clear and decisive leadership from the top-down more than ever.

The Chairmans role has largely become redundant in the modern game and with a CEO like Elstone, it's little wonder that we continue to lag behind our peers to such a significant extent. They should both go together.
Spot on that mate, especially the bit in bold.

Rugby League mate.

Which will inevitably signal the death knell for that sport.

He won’t go. He knows he couldn’t deliver a stadium or decent commercial deals.

Mosh landed and both will come true, his cv will look amazing but thanks to his management or vision but purely cos of mosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back