Kenwright leaving rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to agree with a previous post. Only four names for the four stands in the new ground. Dean, Ball, Kendall and Southall. No Kenwright anywhere to be seen, thanks.

But he's got such an ego he probably believes he should be up there with those legendary names.

Let's not forget that around 2009/10 ish he somehow got a place in the Gwladys Street Hall of Fame after a rather suspicious 'last minute surge of votes' got him in after he was one of the nominees.

Got to agree with a previous post. Only four names for the four stands in the new ground. Dean, Ball, Kendall and Southall. No Kenwright anywhere to be seen, thanks.

But he's got such an ego he probably believes he should be up there with those legendary names.

Let's not forget that around 2009/10 ish he somehow got a place in the Gwladys Street Hall of Fame after a rather suspicious 'last minute surge of votes' got him in after he was one of the nominees.

No Sir Philip Carter then? Or Will Charles Cuff, or Johnny Carey, Harry Catterick, Mike Trebilcock, Derek Temple, Colin Harvey etc ad nausea?

Personally, I think it should be Ball, Kendall, Harvey, Dean.

No Sir Philip Carter then? Or Will Charles Cuff, or Johnny Carey, Harry Catterick, Mike Trebilcock, Derek Temple, Colin Harvey etc ad nausea?

Personally, I think it should be Ball, Kendall, Harvey, Dean.

Dean our greatest player. Ball our greatest outfield player since the war. Kendall legend as a player and our most successful manager. Southall our most decorated player and record appearance holder. They're the reasons for my picks.

If any non playing member of staff should have a stand named after them, then the conversation begins and ends with Sir John Moores. The polar opposite to Kenwright and a chairman to whom this club will be forever in debt.

On the subject of Kenwright leaving, I'd be amazed if it happens. If it does, it won't be on the quiet. It'll be a full on west end show for the diva.

Dean our greatest player. Ball our greatest outfield player since the war. Kendall legend as a player and our most successful manager. Southall our most decorated player and record appearance holder. They're the reasons for my picks.

Sound reasoning, however no way will they name a stand after Southall while he is still alive. Afterwards perhaps, just watch the club pour down faux love for him that should be being shown now as our greatest living player.

Sound reasoning, however no way will they name a stand after Southall while he is still alive. Afterwards perhaps, just watch the club pour down faux love for him that should be being shown now as our greatest living player.

Absolutely agree with all of that mate. The hierarchy at Everton wouldn't touch him with a barge pole because he's called them out all too often for their liking over the years which our former players tend not to do.

Must be just me, but I am not a fan of naming stands after players/chairmen/tea ladies.

I understand why folk do, but to me, the old North, West, Main, Park, Street whatever End/Stand stand the test of time way more than a Named stand.

Perhaps in a brand new ground, the situation would be different I guess. And I can see the attraction at BMD of say, The Howard Kendal Dockside Stand/End.

Does anyone actually like anyone that runs our club, plays for our club, trains the players at any level or does anything whatsoever for the club? (You can exclude Sam and his cronies, as they are not likable)

Seems as though everyone is fair game .... I'm glad none of you support me in my job.
Booooooooooo

Surely he'd get his name on the boy's pen if it was ever re-instated.

..last I heard, Ray Wilson is still alive. It’s a Moot point, Wilson and Southall we’re both truly world class players but Wilson has a World Cup Winners medal and was a class act.

..last I heard, Ray Wilson is still alive. It’s a Moot point, Wilson and Southall we’re both truly world class players but Wilson has a World Cup Winners medal and was a class act.

I never saw Wilson play so I shouldn't really comment as by all account he was a fine footballer, but imho he isn't any where near Southall in terms of what he brought to this club over so many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back