Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
£5m for an un-trusted 17 year old from the second division of French football.

Or £2m loan fee for a England International.

I wish we could sign both.

Caen was in Ligue 1 last year mate, and he's been in and around there first team since the age of 14/15!.

At the end of the day your paying for his potential and trust me he's got bags of it!!. He's going to be a player, he's not bad now even at 17, so in 3,4,5 years time he's going to be really pushing to be are main striker.

I think if we dont try and get him now it'll be an opportunity missed cos someone will snap him up and get a player on there hands and in years to come that 5-6 mill will look cheap, very cheap!!!.

£2m for absolutely no ownership of someone who's 25.

£5m for a full contract with someone tipped to be a superstar, who's only 17.

Ligue 1, not 2. He was in top division last yr (and made his debut the year before in top division), they went down last season. Plus he is expected to be class. Only a coupla mill up front, the rest is add ons....

BTW, re Mirallas ... Never in doubt eh?

Caen was in Ligue 1 last year mate, and he's been in and around there first team since the age of 14/15!.

At the end of the day your paying for his potential and trust me he's got bags of it!!. He's going to be a player, he's not bad now even at 17, so in 3,4,5 years time he's going to be really pushing to be are main striker.

I think if we dont try and get him now it'll be an opportunity missed cos someone will snap him up and get a player on there hands and in years to come that 5-6 mill will look cheap, very cheap!!!.

Missed this.... but yeah. this ^ spot on

It's weird not being totally depressed about the upcoming season, only really lost Rodwell who was of value and we've actually bought a couple of wingers. Mad.

I'd have Mertens as well.
Watched the whole of Belgium/Holland last Wednesday in a bar in Prague and Mertens took the piss out of the Dutch.
Was easily the best player on the pitch

Watched the whole of Belgium/Holland last Wednesday in a bar in Prague and Mertens took the piss out of the Dutch.

Agree with that, would love us to get him as well as Mirallas. Them two together would be a huge threat to any team.

One thing to remember about Mertens performance against the Dutch is that he himself plays in the Dutch league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back