Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a couple of years ago, when we signed Bilyaletdinov, everyone was in awe of his youtube videos, one thing we have to remember is that the two leagues are different and he is going to need time to settle in. I hope Moyes will give him that time and a decent run of games. Until ive seen him first hand, i wont be making any judgement on the Man. Anyone can be made to look good in a Video, probably even Mcfadden...

The only player i know of who apparently looked awful on video was Bakayoko when someone was compiling a 'montage' to help move him on from us . I remember a quote that even when he'd scored a couple in a massive game at Blackburn he was still probably one of the worst on the pitch , although I think amazingly we actually made a profit in The end?

That's a rambling way of saying I'm with you mate but I'm hopeful

I remember a couple of years ago, when we signed Bilyaletdinov, everyone was in awe of his youtube videos, one thing we have to remember is that the two leagues are different and he is going to need time to settle in. I hope Moyes will give him that time and a decent run of games. Until ive seen him first hand, i wont be making any judgement on the Man. Anyone can be made to look good in a Video, probably even Mcfadden...

True but the difference being Hiddink put Bily's name forward as a last minute signing opposed to Moyes actively scouting KM

Look how long Fellaini took to settle, some players dont hit the ground running, but he seems a confident lad so im sure he will fine, but if hes not at first, he gets time from me.

I personally got a good feeling about the boy and think hes gonna be superb from Day1.

liverpool2.gif

Just imagine if we had gone in for Lukaku, too. Leaves Carragher for dead. I love Belgians.

Lukaku is a beast. Watched him for Chelsea a few times. Was quite hopeful we'd loan him. Ah, well.

Look how long Fellaini took to settle, some players dont hit the ground running, but he seems a confident lad so im sure he will fine, but if hes not at first, he gets time from me.

I personally got a good feeling about the boy and think hes gonna be superb from Day1.

EB did a great write up on him:

http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/toffee-scout-report-deconstructing-kevin-mirallas/

CRonaldo comparisons are really quite apt, obviously not in terms of their ability levels, but their style. Trickery, pace, two-footedness and an eye for goal. There's so much to get excited about.

But with excitement comes anticipation or expectation, and I will be giving the lid a bit of time. Hopefully he can hit the ground running but as someone whose game revolves around making defenders look stupid, he may take a while to get used to the increased ability of defences here.

Hopefully the fact that Fellaini is here will help him settle in relatively quickly.

I have zero knowledge of this person. Can someone with faux scouting knowledge please regale me with your euro knowledge and explain the 250 pages on a relative unknown from one of the poorest countries in Europe please?

I have zero knowledge of this person. Can someone with faux scouting knowledge please regale me with your euro knowledge and explain the 250 pages on a relative unknown from one of the poorest countries in Europe please?

Belgium? Poor? Occasionally bereft in the government stakes, but hardly poor.

The only player i know of who apparently looked awful on video was Bakayoko when someone was compiling a 'montage' to help move him on from us . I remember a quote that even when he'd scored a couple in a massive game at Blackburn he was still probably one of the worst on the pitch , although I think amazingly we actually made a profit in The end?

That's a rambling way of saying I'm with you mate but I'm hopeful

Definitely hopeful, but until we see him play (good or not), we should reserve judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back