Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a hair weave done a few months back if it helps:

24254640.jpg

3 months after the op:

james-mcfadden-hair-transplant-after-12-weeks.jpg

tumblr_m8gyt8CqEy1qeq413.gif

He's 27 and only has a short career so it'd be unfair to begrudge him if he wanted to move.

I agree but if we were resigned to losing him I would rather he atleast signed a new deal with a release clause so he can get his move if a CL club comes calling and we get a decent sum of money for him.

It's why I like felliani still that deal benefited both parties we can't sell a player of his quality on the cheap, especially when you look at what we are left with on the wings.

Pienaar
Atsu
Osman
Distin
Eto'o? 2 years
Barry? 2 years

6 players who will need replacing in the next 1-2 years due to age or in atsus case a probable return back to Chelsea. Add mirallas going on the cheap that would be 7, I simply don't think we have the finances to replace all those players with proven quality, which would mean a load of cheap signings coming in to fill out the squad with quantity rather than quality.

It's scary as these next 2 years are massive in terms of rebuilding, we can either go forward or end up like wigan imo

It's a bit of a strange reaction from the majority of fans to assume he's just off. He's obviously going to say he wants to play in the Champions League, but at the end of the day as a football fan you know that loads of players make noise in the media when their contract's running out purely to get more money rather than trying to find a way out. He's clearly happy here.

It's also a very defeatist attitude to just accept him wanting to move on.

Come on, we're Everton. We're having a poor run of form of late, but maybe that's partly because Mirallas was out injured for about 2 months.

We're trying to build something here and it will take time.

There's still plenty of time on the pitch left this season to convince him to stay. It's only the first weekend of December ffs.

I agree but if we were resigned to losing him I would rather he atleast signed a new deal with a release clause so he can get his move if a CL club comes calling and we get a decent sum of money for him.

It's why I like felliani still that deal benefited both parties we can't sell a player of his quality on the cheap, especially when you look at what we are left with on the wings.

Pienaar
Atsu
Osman
Distin
Eto'o? 2 years
Barry? 2 years

6 players who will need replacing in the next 1-2 years due to age or in atsus case a probable return back to Chelsea. Add mirallas going on the cheap that would be 7, I simply don't think we have the finances to replace all those players with proven quality, which would mean a load of cheap signings coming in to fill out the squad with quantity rather than quality.

It's scary as these next 2 years are massive in terms of rebuilding, we can either go forward or end up like wigan imo

What is wrong with youth mate ? We have many a decent player coming through our youth system. You don't have to go out and splash millions on players to improve, just because other teams have decided its the best way.

We also have a very good scouting network that has proved just as key to Everton FC as the players themselves. We've proven time and again that you can pick up potential world class talent if you have an eye for it, which we do.

All we heard from Lukaku last season was he wanted to play in the Champions league, that situation didn't turn out to badly did it.

Difference is lukaku was 20 and still says we are basically a learning curve for him.

Mirallas is 27 and knows he's in his prime, time is running out for him in that regard.

Difference is lukaku was 20 and still says we are basically a learning curve for him.

Mirallas is 27 and knows he's in his prime, time is running out for him in that regard.

Running out for what though? He's not going to join a team that wins it, he may be a good player but he wouldn't make it a a team challenging for the CL. Let's not forget he choose us over Arsenal because he was smart enough to want to play regular football as opposed to being a bit part player.

Running out for what though? He's not going to join a team that wins it, he may be a good player but he wouldn't make it a a team challenging for the CL. Let's not forget he choose us over Arsenal because he was smart enough to want to play regular football as opposed to being a bit part player.

He's certainly good enough to play for a roma or villareal etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back