Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
By not interested you mean that tactically we weren't set up to get the best out of him, right?

A player like Kev is always going to look disinterested in a game where we set up like we did v the RS.
We set up in the same formation 433, same tactics and almost the same players at Anfield earlier in the season. The only differences were Baines/Hibbert as fullbacks and Lukaku started on the right wing rather than the left.

But Kev was really good, probably our best attacking threat, up until his hamstring going.

No team will pay 16m /17m for Mirallas, he simply isn't worth that much. It would be a great boost to our budget but I think about 12m would be good.
He doesn't do enough over 90minutes to be considered a great player. He is a player who can do great things but doesn't influence games enough.

Tell me a winger we can realistically replace him with? I shudder to think of our offensive options in his absence.

Yes he's a little inconsistent but we're never going to find someone who isn't in that position, at least on the budget we currently operate on. Basically, he's the best we can get IMO.

I don't have a problem with him leaving. He chose us over Arsenal a few years ago, and really he's jumped from club to club. Just don't pull that Lescott garbage and try to unsettle the side by blabbing to the press and taking penalties you shouldn't.

He's kind of in the Walcott mold. Incredibly good on the days he's feeling it, and injured on all the other days.

I think we will be lucky to get 10M for him. I also think that with his injury history and days where he's kind of useless he's going to have a bit of a rough time finding a C-league club willing to pay a big transfer fee for him next year.

Think 10M would be max we'd get. Great player would love him to stay but he is injured a lot and seems only capable of 60mins during colder months.

Would have to be replaced with quality tho or were just going backwards.

I'd sell him and try to buy Deulofeu. Both are frustrating at times, both have the ability to win you matches but Deulofeu is younger and will probably be a better long term investment.

We will miss any good player sold from the squad, but he is not irreplaceable.
I think that for me he doesn't influence games as much as he should. He drifts into and out of games and in my opinon is capable of having a much greater influence on a game.

I looked at the industry shown by Lennon last Saturday , he worked incredibly hard, he wanted to be involved all the time and I don't see enough of that from Mirallas . I know that it was Lennons debut and he was trying to impress and that he may not always be so industrious . But , it showed me what Mirallas is lacking in his game, what is stopping him from being a 30m player rather than a 12m player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back