Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me a winger we can realistically replace him with? I shudder to think of our offensive options in his absence.

Yes he's a little inconsistent but we're never going to find someone who isn't in that position, at least on the budget we currently operate on. Basically, he's the best we can get IMO.
We already have replaced him... with Lennon.

We just couldn't afford to loose him in January due to Lennon being cup tied for the Europa League.

He's Pienaar mark 2 however I do think he will get more game time than Pienaar did. He'll give decent competition to Lamela.

We will miss any good player sold from the squad, but he is not irreplaceable.
I think that for me he doesn't influence games as much as he should. He drifts into and out of games and in my opinon is capable of having a much greater influence on a game.

I looked at the industry shown by Lennon last Saturday , he worked incredibly hard, he wanted to be involved all the time and I don't see enough of that from Mirallas . I know that it was Lennons debut and he was trying to impress and that he may not always be so industrious . But , it showed me what Mirallas is lacking in his game, what is stopping him from being a 30m player rather than a 12m player.
The Spurs fans seem to have loved Lennon which is always a good sign.

12 million seems a bit of an under valuation to me.the RS paid over 20 million for Henderson and that fanny with the alice band whos name I can't remember. How much did Joe Allen cost as well

12 million seems a bit of an under valuation to me.the RS paid over 20 million for Henderson and that fanny with the alice band whos name I can't remember. How much did Joe Allen cost as well

Kev will be in the last year of his contract + has an injury history. My guess is somewhere around 6-8M.

We will miss any good player sold from the squad, but he is not irreplaceable.
I think that for me he doesn't influence games as much as he should. He drifts into and out of games and in my opinon is capable of having a much greater influence on a game.

I looked at the industry shown by Lennon last Saturday , he worked incredibly hard, he wanted to be involved all the time and I don't see enough of that from Mirallas . I know that it was Lennons debut and he was trying to impress and that he may not always be so industrious . But , it showed me what Mirallas is lacking in his game, what is stopping him from being a 30m player rather than a 12m player.

Mirallas IMO has been much more effective as a sub. In fact almost every single time he comes on as a sub I'm all "DAMMIT BAWB HE SHOULD BE STARTING". Then the next week he starts and sometimes I forget he's on the pitch.

15M at most. Infact if we got 15M, as good a player he is I'd be counting ourselves lucky to get that figure for a 27yr old who can only play an hour at a time inbetween his constant absences in the physio rooms.

Remember moyes having the same problem with kev and playing more than an hour. He even mentioned it in the press!

If he goes for 10M or above and we could get in konoplyanka I'd be happy!

We already have replaced him... with Lennon.

We just couldn't afford to loose him in January due to Lennon being cup tied for the Europa League.

He's Pienaar mark 2 however I do think he will get more game time than Pienaar did. He'll give decent competition to Lamela.
With all due respect to Lennon, if he's the replacement for Mirallas, we'll be building for mid table at best.

With all due respect to Lennon, if he's the replacement for Mirallas, we'll be building for mid table at best.
I think we might also buy at least one more winger and get rid of McGeady in the summer. Which all in all depending on who is brought in would be a decent summer and wouldn't cost us a net load of money.

Wasn't great was he?

Bloody fanny.

Hang on that sounds weird

I think one could say he was okay but that is it. If he thinks he is good enough to go to a club who will be playing in the CL then he wants to wake up. On tonight's game there will not be any such rushing to Everton's door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back