Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior to the Spurs bid, Mirallas was one of the few putting in a performance week after week, and looked like a competent footballer whilst doing so.

Naismith has a go, yeah, but there's no way he should be figuring as anything more than a squad player. He has good instincts in the box, but his lack of ability on the ball is so detrimental to the way Martinez claims he wants to play that there's no way of rationalising his constant involvement.

I am very, very worried at the prospect of Mirallas leaving, only to be replaced by more mediocre British talent that will be expected to play like La Masia graduates.

I understand that mate, it's a shitty situation really. He has had his head turned though and wants away, and that can have a corrosive influence on the team.

Maybe we can get someone like Deulefeu in, if not there will be other players we can go and get. In the end it's a team game. Oviedo and Garbutt have shown they can do a solid job and probably provide better service for Lukaku than Mirallas can.

He is like Kanchelskis on fastforward.

Some games he is reminiscent of Kanchelskis in 1997, sometimes he's Kanchelskis from 95/6.

In all honesty, if someone offered us 8 million + for him in the summer I'd strongly consider selling.
We can probably get in excess of that. He cost as much and he's PL-proven now. £15M and it'd be good business.

Prior to the Spurs bid, Mirallas was one of the few putting in a performance week after week, and looked like a competent footballer whilst doing so.

Naismith has a go, yeah, but there's no way he should be figuring as anything more than a squad player. He has good instincts in the box, but his lack of ability on the ball is so detrimental to the way Martinez claims he wants to play that there's no way of rationalising his constant involvement.

I am very, very worried at the prospect of Mirallas leaving, only to be replaced by more mediocre British talent that will be expected to play like La Masia graduates.
He was excellent for a spell, West Ham in particular, but since the penalty farce he has only had brief 5 min spells per game where he has done anything useful. Wingers are notoriously unreliable, even the expensive ones (Angel di Maria at 60m has been erratic) and to that extent Kev isn't alone in having spells of good and bad form. But it does annoy me that when he is off form he looks like he really can't be arsed.

We can probably get in excess of that. He cost as much and he's PL-proven now. £15M and it'd be good business.
15 million would be a fantastic business in all honesty.

I trust Martinez to be able to develop attacking players. But we need players who have the right attitude and want to play for the club.

I understand that mate, it's a shitty situation really. He has had his head turned though and wants away, and that can have a corrosive influence on the team.

Maybe we can get someone like Deulefeu in, if not there will be other players we can go and get. In the end it's a team game. Oviedo and Garbutt have shown they can do a solid job and probably provide better service for Lukaku than Mirallas can.
I would have understood letting him go in January if it was clear his heart wasn't in it anymore, but keeping and sort of half-ostracising, half-involving him doesn't make sense to me at all.

Is he really a winger? He doesn't seem to do the things that wingers usually do.I'm not sure what he is, he rarely gets at teams from the flanks, but makes good sharp plays int he center of the field, but is more quick than clever or strong. Good footballer, he is, but not sure what his position truly and rightly is. Maybe a less grittier, more skilled Naismith?

I would have understood letting him go in January if it was clear his heart wasn't in it anymore, but keeping and sort of half-ostracising, half-involving him doesn't make sense to me at all.
Don't think Martinez is using him any differently than he did last year tbh.

Have a look here,
http://www.transfermarkt.com/kevin-mirallas/leistungsdaten/spieler/33639/plus/?saison=2013#ath

He had a consistent run of games in Jan but by March he was only playing 2 out of every 3 matches and only one of those was for the full game. Last season we also hadn't had the extra European games and Kev had rested during the summer rather than played in Brazil and even with the rotation he broke down with a groin strain.

Would guess it is worry over his fitness or hamstrings that is restricting Mirallas's playing time at the moment rather than personal issues.

Considering most on here seem to slag Rom and Kev off despite them accounting for something like 70% of our goals Im nog suprised some would take £8 million for him.

And do what buy lennon who runs round but doesn't score or assist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back