Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like us to keep him as on his day he's a good player but he does blow hot and cold and if we could get a good fee for him and replace him with a Rafael Silva, Konoplyanka, Ayew or Deulofeu then I'd be happy with that aswell.

I think Mirallas is only really happy when the ball is at his own feet, as he's never exactly been a shinning example of a 'team player'.

When things are going well, as they were last season and the last year of Moyes, then it's not much of an issue.

His pace, dynamic movement and ability to contribute 'some' goals were useful assets. This season he's not really had the same opportunities.

When things aren't going well then you need someone who will contribute as a part of the team, rather than concentrating purely on himself.

Leicester at home when he instantly walked down the tunnel alone... looking emotionless after a fair few goals... poor temper et al.

He doesn't look happy or willing to truly put a shift in, which is probably also making issues behind the scene more difficult.

With another reliable wide player on the opposite side of the pitch and better tempo within games, then I think he'd be back to his best.

I'd personally like him to stay as I believe he can still influence a game with his abilities, but then I wouldn't be surprised if he did leave.

I think he's probably already chosen to jump ship (or is at least a major prospect) and therefore lies the problem with his performances.

Yeah i agree.
You can tell he is not happy.
We know he will go somewhere else and be brill
Tbh can see it going a bit Pienaar for him.

He is one of our better players so we largely tolerate his sometimes selfish displays, erratic form and fitness because with a free kick or a jinxing run he can transform our team. At a club with a higher standard of competition for winger places he might struggle to get regular game time unless he himself becomes more consistent.

The way people are talking you wouldn't think we were a bottom table club now. Yeah bye Kev lad take your goals and assists with you we want crap like gomez, cleverly and lennon coming in to play for this great club. You can forget the likes of Konoplyanka coming here

Tbh can see it going a bit Pienaar for him.

He is one of our better players so we largely tolerate his sometimes selfish displays, erratic form and fitness because with a free kick or a jinxing run he can transform our team. At a club with a higher standard of competition for winger places he might struggle to get regular game time unless he himself becomes more consistent.
I think a strong manager will get the best out of him.
On his day brilliant but has a lot of off days

I think a strong manager will get the best out of him.
On his day brilliant but has a lot of off days
I would have classed Moyes as a fairly strong manager, or at least one that uses the stick vs the carrot far more than Martinez does, yet think Kev has until recently performed better under Roberto.

Might just be it took Mirallas a while to adapt to the league though.

Think he wants to go and maybe get his last big contract elsewhere, which is fair enough, he might be surprised at
the lack of interest in, although Spurs seemed keen at one stage, I won't miss him, injury prone and inconsistent.

I reckon that if mirallas is off in the summer we will need to replace his goals as well as his assists, so will need to be someone of a higher calibre than Lennon which will obviously cost ££££s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back