Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think Martinez is using him any differently than he did last year tbh.

Have a look here,
http://www.transfermarkt.com/kevin-mirallas/leistungsdaten/spieler/33639/plus/?saison=2013#ath

He had a consistent run of games in Jan but by March he was only playing 2 out of every 3 matches and only one of those was for the full game. Last season we also hadn't had the extra European games and Kev had rested during the summer rather than played in Brazil and even with the rotation he broke down with a groin strain.

Would guess it is worry over his fitness or hamstrings that is restricting Mirallas's playing time at the moment rather than personal issues.
Can't really argue with stats, but something has felt off since January.

I think the key difference between this season and last is that back then there were other players here who were both comfortable and capable out wide, so rotating him was less of an issue.

I doubt we'll find out whether its truly fitness-related until he moves elsewhere, though.

No one knows 100% about whats happening behind the scenes with Mirallas . Everyone has slaughtered him over last nights game but Barkley was far worse in my eyes :-( The club has apparently a 1 year extension in his contract, which we should have activated even if he wants to go to increase his price that we'd get :-) He wants to play at the top level and after last season, he'd have hoped to do it with us but due to Martinez and his bizarre preseason training, dire tactics, continuing playing those who are'nt preforming and fights with Eto'o, Distin etc and even the likes of Garbutt's contract not been sorted out earlier, of course players are watching before signing up :-(
If he leaves in summer, who will want to come to a team just above relegation zone?

We need to win Europa League this season or we'll risk losing a lot more than Mirallas :-(

Can't really argue with stats, but something has felt off since January.

I think the key difference between this season and last is that back then there were other players here who were both comfortable and capable out wide, so rotating him was less of an issue.

I doubt we'll find out whether its truly fitness-related until he moves elsewhere, though.
There is a journalist Terreur who seems very close to the Belgium players and he regularly mentions how much Martinez rates and pampers Rom and Kev. Haven't seen anything from him that suggests that has changed but wouldn't discount anything really in this horror show of a season.

Last year we had Deulofeu to rotate with Kev.
*goes off to sob quietly in a corner

There is a journalist Terreur who seems very close to the Belgium players and he regularly mentions how much Martinez rates and pampers Rom and Kev. Haven't seen anything from him that suggests that has changed but wouldn't discount anything really in this horror show of a season.

Hope you have a big box of tissues mate, as for this season it has been rated as triple x.

Not sure if posted before but his fee will vary based on which club (s) come in for him. A continental club would see him go for about 8-10 million I would say. In that instance depending on the club involved , I would prefer a player plus small amount of cash deal instead.
If a premier league club was to come asking the fee would be higher if we choose to entertain it.

Not sure if posted before but his fee will vary based on which club (s) come in for him. A continental club would see him go for about 8-10 million I would say. In that instance depending on the club involved , I would prefer a player plus small amount of cash deal instead.
If a premier league club was to come asking the fee would be higher if we choose to entertain it.
8 - 10 mil !
The way he's been playing ....snap their hands off.

Maybe pampering is the wrong thing to use with kev.
He might be one of those players who need the stick.
Great talent looks half the player he can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back