Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
The penalty incident was not blown out of proportion at all.
Before that game he was one of the most important players in the entire squad, since then he has been peripheral. Mirallas was always a starter in the team when fit and reintroduced back into the side as quickly as possible after injury. Last Saturday as an example he was left on the bench until the end , could you imagine that happening before the WBA game.

Will he leave ? I think it depends on what offers come in for him and from which clubs they come. I think Mirallas is happy at Everton but maybe he rates himself a higher than others rate him. I think he may stay at Everton if he doesn't fancy the clubs that show an interest, but I doubt he will sign a contract extension and leave in twelve months or for nothing in two years time.

In England, I think he would consider Spurs as the top four will not be interested in him and Everton are probably better than everybody else, he has already said he would like to play in Spain and that may be a preference.
soft tissues injuries are tricky mate

soft tissues injuries are tricky mate

I personally don't think the penalty issue is that big a deal for the fans now.

However, the evidence seems to suggest that Kev and Roberto had a fall-out at half time. If Roberto and Kev HAVE had a fall-out, then it's probably not about the pen, per se, but more likely about what was said and done in the aftermath.

Could be talking out of my behind like, but there's strong circumstantial evidence to suggest that is what happened.

Yeah don't get me wrong, we should be putting him as a priority in signing a new one, but he wants CL and we are not in either for at least another season - for me, he stays another season and lets be worried - he has 2 years left, nothing to be worried about as much as we're all led to believe. Hes brilliant when on form, but hes done my bollocks in with these injuries.

Think he does want to leave but more because he really wants to play in the CL and/or Spain than because he doesn't want to play for Martinez/Everton. But given he won't get that dream move to Real Madrid on the basis of this season, guess it depends on who comes in for him.

Spurs probably will as they are very weak on the right wing but not sure he'd fancy working for Pochettino, he'll have at least got plenty of information about the off field regime from Lennon and his Belgium compatriots. Wouldn't hold up much hope for his hamstrings with two hard training sessions a day. Walker wouldn't provide as much defensive cover as Coleman either so he'd be expected to track back far more. If they qualify for CL might be different but currently looking off form and might even be doing their best to avoid the EL.

Atletico seem to be interested which would meet two of his requirements but would they pay what we'd demand and would he play for the local rivals of the team he supoorts?

Beginning to think both Lukaku and he will stay next year, hope to do well in the league and then follow it up with a good performance in the Euros and then get moves elsewhere on the back of that.

Think he does want to leave but more because he really wants to play in the CL and/or Spain than because he doesn't want to play for Martinez/Everton. But given he won't get that dream move to Real Madrid on the basis of this season, guess it depends on who comes in for him.

Spurs probably will as they are very weak on the right wing but not sure he'd fancy working for Pochettino, he'll have at least got plenty of information about the off field regime from Lennon and his Belgium compatriots. Wouldn't hold up much hope for his hamstrings with two hard training sessions a day. Walker wouldn't provide as much defensive cover as Coleman either so he'd be expected to track back far more. If they qualify for CL might be different but currently looking off form and might even be doing their best to avoid the EL.

Atletico seem to be interested which would meet two of his requirements but would they pay what we'd demand and would he play for the local rivals of the team he supoorts?

Beginning to think both Lukaku and he will stay next year, hope to do well in the league and then follow it up with a good performance in the Euros and then get moves elsewhere on the back of that.
atletico is the only place I could see him going but like you said not this year

I was resigned to him leaving but the comments from both him and Martinez over the last week are making me think he might stay.

Maybe the contract issue hanging over his head has caused his dip in form? Maybe stuff happened behind the scenes we don't know about regarding the 12 month extension or something.

Maybe once everything is sorted off the pitch, injuries included, he'll start picking up form again. He strikes me as the kind of player who needs to be 100% fit and happy to be able to focus on playing properly.

I was resigned to him leaving but the comments from both him and Martinez over the last week are making me think he might stay.

Maybe the contract issue hanging over his head has caused his dip in form? Maybe stuff happened behind the scenes we don't know about regarding the 12 month extension or something.

Maybe once everything is sorted off the pitch, injuries included, he'll start picking up form again. He strikes me as the kind of player who needs to be 100% fit and happy to be able to focus on playing properly.
What comments has Mirallas made mate? Been swerving this thread

I scored in every competition. You play good matches. You give assists. Of course that’s fun but it’s important that it also delivers points. My first year here we were sixth, the next fifth.. this year I expected we’d end fourth or even better. We have big ambitions and every year the club progresses. I felt I did the same together with the club. This year I’ve progressed but the club hasn’t. That is frustrating but there are season that it’s not going to go as you would like. We kept the basis that made us so strong the previous seasons but I don't know what is going wrong now. We started the first 3 matches well. We had a lead each time but could never hold on to it and that hurt us a lot. We should have started the season with 3 or 4 wins but instead we ended up with 2 draws and a loss. Maybe that got into our heads. But it’s definitely not going as we would like it to go.

The worst is that I missed a penalty. To me that was difficult because I had a lot of confidence. Missing a penalty is never easy but it can happen and it will happen again. But the most difficult part was the criticism afterwards. The club, the manager and my entourage were behind me but in England I was treated as if I had committed a murder. But that’s part of football. There are worse things. Look at Malanda. There are much worse things in life and football is just a sport.

A lot of journalist talk about me leaving but I’ve never talked about that. There have been offers and interest from other clubs but that is normal. if you play well, things can always change. But I’ve never said anything and I feel good here. I respect the club. I'm still under contract and everything is going good. We will see. The club knows I want to play at a higher level. We will see if that is with Everton or a different club.

What comments has Mirallas made mate? Been swerving this thread

The last paragraph especially.

I really thought this would be the season he put injuries and inconsistency behind him, began the prime of his career and showed he's the top player he's always threatened to be in short, explosive spells since he came here.
Never happened like and you have to wonder if it ever will; he's got no control over the injuries obviously.

Hope he gives us one more year, see if he can reach the level we all believe he can, then next summer if he still wants to get off fair enough. If he starts reaching his potential then he'll find he can do a lot better for himself than Spurs ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back